finally..

s S.
on 12/5/04 1:53 am - latham, NY
well guys it took time but i am down 100 hundred pounds as of today.. 167 from 267. its just amazing the way this surgery works... my surgery was on june 1st and my goal is to be 120 by next June 1st. i have not done any excercises but kept on my water and protein... i have a full time job and full time school.. so that doesnt leave me any time to hit the gym.. my school will be closed for a month for winter.. i plan to work out everyday and tone up a little bit.. any suggestions as to what excercises are best????? i am going to see my surgeon next week for my six month check up... i am sure he will be happy.. ss
terrycoles
on 12/5/04 3:17 am - Corpus Christi, TX
congradulations on your success.... you've done well without exercise. I had the surgery on June 14, 2004 and have lost 96 pounds as of today, down from 276 to 180 and I do exercise on most days. If you join a gym most of them will have a personal trainer set you up with a program for free. The gym I go to has 3 free sessions with a trainer. The first one they do a few little fitness tests to measure your body, weight, and 5 minutes of cardio. The next two are divided up into upper and lower body workouts with weights. They write it all down and after that you're free to work out on your own. I love my personal trainer and she's another person I can be held accountable to. In otherwords, she's looking at me when she see's me in there to see if I'm still losing, and to see if I'm working out regularly. She's been a great asset to help make my body what it has become today. And whenever I have a question on something I can ask her. When I plateaued a while back and was working out once sometimes twice a day I went to her to see how I could get to losing again. She told me to shock my body by doing some different form of cardio instead of the treadmill all the time. So I started using the eliptical machines which burn twice as many calories as the treadmill, and the weight started coming off again. Also, other times I've lost weight with exercise I would always do the cardio FIRST to get it out of the way. My trainer here told me NO WAY.....she said if I did the weights first then the cardio my body would be more tired and would burn more fat and calories that way. She was right. A gym membership is not cheap, but I told my husband I'd give up the internet and cable if necessary to keep the gym since it's now become a necessary part of my life. I believe exercise is as important as breathing, especially after we get to our goal weight since we never want to slip back into our old ways of eating and living. Until sitting on the couch is considered an "aerobic exercise" we need to hit the gym. Good luck to you! Terry
Lpaekc
on 12/8/04 1:43 pm - Montague, MI
congrats ss!*!*!*! Circut training is good... mixing weights, bike, walking, leg lifts. keeps you from getting bored because you can switch things around and it doesn't feel like it takes forever because its always changing. Patti, MI
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views