Newby has a question for the pros about hair...

Transplant N.
on 11/30/04 3:38 pm - Fort Wayne, IN
Just had my surgery this month, and wondered about hair loss, any of you use the biotin and not lost hair yet? I don't want to waste my time if it is a myth. Thanks! I will share your info with my November 2004 surgery board. Hugs!! Lori RNY 11/22
Heather_L
on 11/30/04 10:58 pm - Hibbing, MN
I haven't used anything for hair loss. Mine has been minimal. Nothing more than the usual daily loss. But my hair is short also. Not sure about any of the shampoos or the like. Sorry I can't be of more help. Heather 269/177/135
Smile
on 12/1/04 11:51 pm - Buffalo, MN
I haven't used anything either. I have had quite a bit of hair loss....just make sure that you get ALL of your protien in. I can tell when I need to up mine...my hair starts falling out again. But my hair dresser said that is is growing back and now I have lots of new stubble. I also got my hair cut short after a while because my hair was looking pretty straggly. On a nother note....I did have problems the first 2 months after surgery. That didn't help with getting my protien in....there fore, lots of hair loss. But every one is different. LeAnn
Transplant N.
on 12/2/04 9:30 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Thank you for your help ladies! Lori
MzH
on 12/3/04 12:19 pm - LOSERLAND, MD
Lori, One nurse to another, I wouldn't bother with biotin or the shampoos, I have had TONS of hair loss but it is certainly settling down now that I kicked myself in the behind and drink one pack of real meals split in morning and nightly doses. The total for the pack is 60 grams of protein in 12 ounces. I was ill for a month and didn't hit the protein like I should have and BOY DID THE HAIR COME OFF! I went to buy biotin at GNC and saw the price and said no way! I headed for my Real Meals and Now, I'm good to go. Hannah
joansmith8335
on 12/3/04 7:54 am - Stockton, CA
I haven't used Biotin either. My hair loss is significant but I had plenty to start with. I have been told to expect hair loss from post-op month 3 through 6. We are entering our last month of the hair loss phase, I hope. Joan
dcox94
on 12/3/04 10:39 pm - North Wilmington, DE
I am still using the Nioxin shampoo....I think it helps a little....Although I am still losing hair. Not a lot but it is noticable to me. I think if you are going to lose it you will...nothing will stop it.
Rose V.
on 12/8/04 4:10 am - Westampton, NJ
Hi, It has been 6 months since my surgery and I take biotin every day, and I have had just a little hair loss. I'm sure it works. Vitamins are never a waste of time. They all work. Keep up the good work. Rose
Sue D.
on 12/18/04 3:05 pm - Marietta, GA
My doctor agrees with me that Biotin doesn't really have any affect on hair loss. I have a great article posted on hair loss on my personal website that might interest you. Follow my weight loss journey at www.wlsfriends.com/mariettabasketlady
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views