Weight?

Jamgirlie
on 11/29/04 11:47 pm - Americus, GA
I have been looking at some other posts. Some people who started at the same weight as me and had surgery 3 months after me are way out doing me at the losing part. Why Whyyy am I not losing. My loss has stopped to about 5 pounds a month. I started at 240 Surgery on 6-1-04 and I'm only at 170-172 today. I hope my surgeon does not yell at me when I go in on Wednesday. Jamie
bubbleboo K.
on 11/30/04 8:02 am - anywhere, OK
Everyone is different, our metabolisms are different. Your age has a lot to do with how much weight you lose. I weighted 283 when I had mine and am now 209. I know others who had it on the same day and have reached the century mark. So long as you are doing what you are suppose to do you will lose, but more slowly since you are not that far from goal. Also, the less you have to lose the slower it usually goes. Some of us have been "blessed" with bodies that just won't let go of the extra pound easily. Good luck
Nancy M.
on 12/1/04 2:25 pm - Mt. Jackson, VA
Comparing our losses with others is dangerous to our self-esteem but we all do it. A 70 pound loss is great. What other "diet" have you been on that you have lost so much in such a short time. I am a slow loser as well. I have lost 67 pounds since June 21, 04 and am very happy with my progress. As long as the scales are moving in the right direction, I'm happy. Slow and steady wins the race.
Smile
on 12/1/04 11:43 pm - Buffalo, MN
I think that you are doing GREAT!!! I too started at 240 and now am down to 178. I have gone from a 20W/22W to a 10/12!!! I couldn't be happier! I have had a couple of LONG platueas that were kind of discouraging, but I lose inches. So keep your chin up!!! Remember NOT to compare yourself to others.....you are the only you, and that should make you smile. Would you have lost this much on your own with out surgery and KEEP it off????? Probably not.....OK.....NO! So don't get down on yourself!! Chin up hun!!! LeAnn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views