How did everyone fair through Thanksgiving?

marypoco
on 11/27/04 8:22 am - amherst, MA
Hello all, Well it was our first Thanksgiving so how did you all do? I ate at my Mom and Dad's I didn't do too badly. I ate what I wanted most little portions. Got full fast which surprises me still!! The only "problem" which really isn't a problem just alittle annoying comment that was made to me. My Daughter" who had this surgery 3/19/02 " and has gained back 40 pounds. .[ I love her to death, BUT, don't rain on my parade!] Told me that all I did was talk about "the surgery" Which I don't recall doing, but, in conversation with the family you bring out what is going on in your life, including your changes in "shopping, eating, and what is in your fridge nowadays" The surgery is a very sore subject since she's gained. when I said I was full she told me She didn't want to hear it, and to stop talking about the surgery. AND she got mad at me!!!!!!! I was surprised, and didn't know what to talk about after that comment! sorry had to vent! So how was your turkey day??? ~ Mary
(deactivated member)
on 11/28/04 3:04 am
Hi Mary, I totally agree with you- don't let anyone, even your own kids, rain on your parade!! She's an adult now (I'm assuming) and she can make her own choices. She made one when she decided to not follow the rules and gained back 40 pounds. We both know this can happen. Me personally, I'm going to make d**n sure it won't!! Anyway, all you can do, is set a good example for her and maybe she will wake up and get back on track. In the meantime, talk all you want! That is what keeps us going! Have a great Christmas! Hugs, Lyn 245/180/140
SimplyRedHead
on 11/29/04 12:37 am - Longwood, FL
I agree, sounds like your daughter is bitter because she has gained some weight back and you are now the center of attention with your weightloss. Good for you, I bet it's been a while since you had all that attention. I guess jealousy and envy are hard to fight even with our own parents. I hope she realizes how silly she is acting and starts supporting you rather than criticizing your success. Good luck to you both and keep up the great job!
Missie P.
on 11/29/04 2:50 am - Mobile, AL
Well I'm glad it's over.I have a lot to be thankful for as well but now that it's over I'm proud of myself. I didn't over do it. I just got tried of people asking me "is that all you are EATING"? It seems as though I was the talk of the day. I did eat Turkey,Dressing, Ham but in very small portions,it fill me up right away probably the dressing did it but I didn't have any problems afterwards. Iwaited a while before I drank anything. Thanksgivings is a great time of the year to be with your family especially the ones you haven't seem in a while, I just LOVE the expression on there faces now when they LOOK at me .Five months out and 70 pounds gone I feel great.
B.J.
on 11/30/04 8:32 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
We had a nice Thanksgiving, but I am "thankful" it's over too, LOL! I did all of the cooking and the only problem I had the entire day was grazing and tasting as I cooked things -- by the time I sat down for the actual meal I only had enough room for 2-3 bites of food. I figure if I did overindulge a bit on T-day, I more than made it up burning calories as I had to clean the entire house, vacuum, dusting, the works . . . I had about an hour to clean before our guests got here and I whipped through here like a tornado, phew! Have spent the last couple of days doing the "leftover" route and eating sensibly. Did not meet my T-day goal of 208 which I guess was unrealistic -- but I hit 214 over the weekend so I'm still thrilled. -BJ 300/214/150???
KissDallas
on 12/2/04 4:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
I got a baby plate, and piled food on it, and ended up only eating about half of the baby plate, I still have a problem judging my portions, but I only had a few nibbles of dessert, and only a few drinks, so overall my Thanksgiving wasnt too bad this year....actually this is the best Thanksgiving I've ever had because I am 90lbs lighter!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views