Our first Holiday Season is upon us!

Nancy M.
on 11/25/04 12:37 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! My husband and I are having a quiet celebration this year. Our menu will include turkey and stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes with cream cheese and pimentos (my mother-in-law's recipe for twice baked potatoes), grean beans, candied sweet potatoes, apple sauce, pumpkin pie, mince pie and a sugar-free double layer no-bake pumpkin pie. My daughter will be joining us for dinner when she gets off work. I plan to use a luncheon plate and have a small serving of turkey, stuffing, potatoes, green beans and later after that settles I may have a small piece of the double layer pumpkin pie. I made the pies yesterday when I got off work so now I am having a quiet morning watching the Macy's parade on TV. Although I may get into that pie for lunch. The only new thing in my food plan for today is the light cool whip that is in the pie recipe. Yesterday was my official weigh-in day and I am down 65 pounds. Very happy to be under 250 pounds and looking forward to being under 200 pounds soon just 46 more pounds to go. Hope everyone has a great day. Enjoy, don't eat too much, and remember to count your blessings. We all have so much to be thankful for. Hugs Nancy 310/245/122
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/04 1:45 am
Happy Thanksgiving Nancy and everyone! I didn't have to cook this year (thank goodness!) but since I'm single, all my friends take pity on me (yeah, right! Envious is more like it!!) and they invite me to Thanksgiving dinner at their place. As a result, I have two places to go for turkey day dinner. One at 2pm and one at 6pm. My plan is to eat lightly at both places, (as to not hurt either one of girlfriends feelings, by not eating) and to take a plate home. They both know about my surgery, so this will be OK. In fact one of them is a lap RNY patient, so we can support each other thru our first holiday dinner! I have no idea what I would do without my WLS friends, both off and on line!! All of you mean so much to me! I am so thankful for this website and all of you! This has not been easy and since I live in a rural county up in the mountains in California, it's not always easy to get to a support meeting. This is NOT exactly a bustling city. like LA for instance. So anyway, I just wanted to say thank you, for all your support and advice. It is so comforting knowing there are all of you out there, rooting for me, and you're just a mouse click away!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!! We all have sooooo much to be thankful for!! Hugs to all!!!!! Lyn 245/180/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views