Hair Loss Question...

Evelyn A.
on 11/24/04 9:42 am - Hayward, CA
Hi Everyone, I agree with all of you - We all have so much to me thankful for this year. I am 5-months post op today. I am so happy to say that I have officially lost 80lbs.....gone......forever!!!! I love it!!! I really can't believe how much of a difference it makes. Life is good But.......about 3 weeks ago my hair started to fall out. I understand that the hair loss is something 'normal' with WLS and that it supposedly starts about 4 months post op, however, how long does it go for??? Anyone know??? (I started out with a thin head of hair as it is....and short hair is not a look I like for me.) I get my 60-70 oz of protein everyday & take my vitamins as I should. Guess, I just wanna know how soon this will stop......... Any suggestions or advise??? Sorry for freaking out....... Love ya all June bugs!!! Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!! Evelyn From California 324/244/150????
(deactivated member)
on 11/24/04 9:36 pm - upstate/central, NY
Hi Evelyn- I too am losing a lot and I mean A LOT of hair. I was about 3 months out when it started so it has been over 2 months. I have had to resort to wearing headbands to cover the VERY thin layer of hair on top of my head. Nothing seems to help mine at this point I just pray it stops soon!!!! Good luck to you! KIM 329/217/-112
Melissa S
on 11/26/04 12:18 am - Cool Ridge, WV
I started losing my hair about 2 months out. It has started to slow down now. I don't have any adivce but they say it will grow back.
Kathy B.
on 11/26/04 4:13 pm - Folsom, CA
Hi, Mine started falling out at 4 months big time. My students would tease me because of all the hair on my clothes. While it is still thin, it is not falling out in bunches anymore. My sister had WLS in August, 2003 and her is starting coming back at 6 months. I am hoping that is true for me as well since my 6th month mark is coming up next week. For my sister, her hair is better than ever. Kathy -120 and lots of hair
silvasurfas
on 12/2/04 5:51 am - Ypsilanti, MI
Hi Evelyn, I am 6 months out today. My hair started to fall out 1 week befroe my 3 month mark. And boy, did it come out. I lost at least half of my hair, easily. My labs were fine. My surgeon told me not to waste my money on anything that was supposed to "help" stop it. I tool my vitamins, got my protein. And I swear, like clockwork, 2 weeks ago it stopped. As suddenly as it started. My hair is already much stronger and healthier looking. So it wil stop, don't fret! Chris 350/243/150?
Faye O.
on 12/5/04 7:16 pm - Middleport, OH
Hi Evelyn: I am right along with everyone else, started losing my hair at about 4 months...I'm almost to the 6 month mark now, and the loss has slowed a bit...no bare places, but it's plenty thin. I was going through one of my herbal therapy books and found that taking extra Vitamin B complex and "stinging nettle" (can be found at wal-mart in the vitamin section) is supposed to help. My nutritionist advised taking extra Zinc (50 mg per day), but I didn't find that to help much. I have been taking the extra B and nettle for about 3 weeks now, and the hair loss has slowed down; I don't know if this is because of what i'm taking, or just coincidence. They say it grows back after about the 6 month mark, so we'll see how it goes. I just keep mine pulled back in scrunchies, until things level out and i'm ready to get a new "do"...hang it there, it'll get better! Faye
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views