Needing Encouragment

M B.
on 11/23/04 12:18 pm - Aurora, IL
I read the message board weekly, and it appears everyone is moving right along (Yeah).. Me, on the other hand, it seems as if I am moving rather slow (compared to everyone else). I'm down 62lbs and have been stuck at this weight for approx 4 weeks. The majority of my weight came off in the first couple months and I've only been loosing 2-3 lbs here and there. I am working out 4-5 times a week which I have just increased the intensity of my work out. I am getting my protien daily, but lacking in the water department. Anyone have any suggestions or words of wisdom to encourage me to keep plugging along. My history with weight loss is, I generally stick to a program for 2-3 months and then fall back into my old eating pattern. I am proud of myself for hanging in there this long, but I'm starting to get discouraged and feel the slip coming. Don't get me wrong, I am happy to have lost the 62 lbs, and if I don't lose another pound, I'm still glad that I had the WLS, but I guess, I thought I would have lost more by now and/or it would be moving some what faster. Any suggestions??? M Butler- Surgery 6/15/04 291/229/150??
Lpaekc
on 11/23/04 8:21 pm - Montague, MI
You seem to be doing great! Remember the more people weigh to start the faster they lose to start. You were under 300 at the begining (a light weight!) Doesn't that sound nice lol So I really thing you are doing great. Being stuck will end, it all part of your body re-ajusting. I know when I was stuck for a little more than a month it seemed like forever but it did end. Be Happy and enjoy your loss, go to the store and put 6 10 pound bags of potatoes in a cart. Look at that and know that it use to be all over your body and is now GONE!!!!!!! Patti, in Montague, Michigan
M B.
on 11/24/04 11:31 pm - Aurora, IL
Thanks Patti, I never thought about it that way (bags of sugar). I will keep plugging away until I can put many more bags of sugar in my cart. Thanks
Heather_L
on 11/24/04 12:19 am - Hibbing, MN
((((HUGS))))) You are doing great. You can't compare your weight loss with anyone elses. It is up to your body to do what it is going to do. Sometimes they can be stubborn. Plateaus are H*** and I know that first hand. Once your body catches up to your weight loss, you will start losing again. Just keep getting in your protein, vitamins and water and hopefully the plateau will break. Best of luck with your journey. Heather 269/183/135
M B.
on 11/24/04 11:46 pm - Aurora, IL
Thanks Heather, I think comparing is something we are all so quick to do. I guess I failed to realize that just because our body's have/had the same weight on it, it doesn't mean it will come off the same. I guess I have to look at it that way. Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 11/24/04 8:18 am
Hello! I'm with you!! I seem to have slowed waaayyyy down myself! I had my surgery a week before you did and have lost only 65 lbs. I know it's hard sometimes to keep going, but we must!! I also used to stay on a diet for 2-3 months and then backslide into my old habits. Thats why we had the surgery! Our small pouch helps prevent any major "bingeing" or "gorging" like I used to do. We have to keep going, keep drinking our water, eating our protein, doing our exercise. It might take us a year to get to where we want, because we are lighweights, but I know we will eventually get there!! Hang in there and keep your eye on those size 10 jeans you want to buy!! Hugs, Lyn 245/180/140
M B.
on 11/24/04 11:58 pm - Aurora, IL
Thanks for the words of encouragement Lyn!! You are so right, We MUST keep going!!! I can't let it beat me this time, I must beat it!!!! Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/04 10:27 pm
I'm glad I read this thread, because I was wondering about my weight loss... had surgery 5 months and one day ago, and have lost 72 pounds so far... I know I shouldn't make comparisons, but sometimes I just can't help myself I see people who've lost over 100 pounds at this stage, and I'm like WHHHHAAAATTTT??? But seriously, though... I agree, each body is different. Just as different people have different post-op experiences with different foods, I guess it makes sense that the weight loss experience may also be different... so, thank you... having read this thread, I feel better too ;) Angie
houstondoll
on 12/2/04 1:06 pm - Houston, TX
I am not a June Baby-- a July baby sneaking a peak at the grown-ups I came on the June page to see how the weight loss was going for all of you and I have to say that the potatoes in the shopping cart was an EXCELLENT idea...and ....I still say we should have our own little area on OH for " I didnt lose 100 pounds in one month" people like ourselves good luck to you all and thanks for the encouraging words I stole a peak at....
Rose V.
on 12/8/04 4:16 am - Westampton, NJ
I am in the same boat as you, I am six months out and have lost 77lbs but now it has slowed down considerably. I have a trainer and work out three days a week. I was told by the trainer that the harder you train your fat becomes muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. So keep up the work I bet if you measure yourself you have lost inches, That's what I did and I lost no weight one month but lost 6 inches. Keep up the work and never get discouraged you have come to far to give up. Have a great holiday season. Rose
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views