June Bug's Weigh-In!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/04 1:09 pm
Hello all you fellow June bugs! I am 5 months out- Surgery June 8th, 2004 Here are my 5 month stats: Height 5' 4 1/2" Starting weight 245 Current weight 181 Weight loss for the last month...... crappy!! I've sloooowwwed way down...But I'm sure I will make it to goal. I'm only 5 months out! And yes, I'm still doing everything I'm supposed to be doing. Lots of water and exercise and very little carbs. 70 to 80 grams protein a day. How is everyone doing?? I'd love to hear where you are, weight when you started and your progress! It helps us all, when we compare how we are all doing!! So let's hear it!! Lyn 245/181/140
barbara B.
on 11/15/04 1:39 pm - hickory, nc
congrats lyn,dont it feel wonderfull I was 5 months out november the 1st almost 6 months now i caint believe it,102 lbs. gone forever.. I still have a prob..with my hair but i hope that will stop soon..again congrats on your loss.. 6/1/04 337/235/?
Paige A.
on 11/15/04 3:07 pm - gig harbor, WA
Hi all.... Surgery date: 6/22/04 Starting weight: 300 Todays weight:208...buck naked in the morning ..lol Total weight loss...92 lbs Feeling like a new person, smiling, flirting, happy to be alive again!!!! Never knew how much this surgery would do for me. getting in my protein, but that exercise demon is a hard one for me....and yes im having massive hair loss. Hoping that will slow down soon..... Paige 300/208/145
dcox94
on 11/15/04 7:55 pm - North Wilmington, DE
Hi Lyn, My 5 months is Nov 21st. I started at 411 lbs and I am down to 298 lbs. It is so nice to say 2! I can't wait to say 1! I have notice some hair loss that I hope goes away soon. I like and look forward to going to the gym. Love the new weight machines! My weight loss has slowed down to nothing too but hey if I continued to lose at the pace what would I look like saggy saggy and more saggy right! I try and up the protein above 60 all the time. 60 is the minumum that I will do. The days are so short and lack of hunger has me eating at weird times. I do a lot of late night eating...too busy during the day to remember to eat! I would like to get the night eating changed but not sure how....anyone have any suggestions? Calories are around 1200 a day. Water is good....I always tell my coworkers its drinking time...they often ask do I have vodka in that bottle! Well here is too a good month for all! Debbie 411/398/200/150
Celena R.
on 11/15/04 9:38 pm - bronx, NY
Hi June Bugs, Last weigh in before surgery 260lbs Today 181lbs From a size 24 almost 26 to a size 13/14 loose !!! Hair loss terrible still in hand fulls and taking omega3 3x's a day ! Protein intake 50grams a day and still drinking 3 litters of water a day being lazy with the excersize will start again shortly !!! Keep up the good work everyone!!!! 260/181/140? Celena
Lynne E.
on 11/15/04 9:43 pm - Traverse City, MI
HI everyone !! I had surgery June 8th also. My starting weight was 289. I weighed 202 this morning !!! I have lost 87 # I couldnt be happier !! I am loosing hair though that is kinda scary. But I have joined a GYM I am doing everything I am suppose to. Take Care Everyone !!! Lynne
MzH
on 11/15/04 11:58 pm - LOSERLAND, MD
Hey Lyn, November 11th made it 5 months. I now weigh 141! I have lost 131 pounds total from my highest weight of 272 and a respectable 75 pounds since surgery. I am 20 pounds from my Dr's goal for me! Losing hair like a fiend though but I upped the protein and am waiting to see what happens. I am so proud of us all! I posted pictures and since I wear a size 6 now, I fit in one leg of my pre-op jeans. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=H1085366228 Hannah
Jamgirlie
on 11/16/04 2:18 am - Americus, GA
Had surgery on June 1st, 2004. Starting weight: 240 Height 5'3 Weight as of 11-10-04: 174 Loss of 66 pounds Goal: 130 I work out constantly, but don't seem to be losing anymore . And I'm still wearing a size 20 jeans. What's up with that? Hope the rest continues to come off. What's up with the chick before me. How can you lose 131 pounds in 6 months? I have no clue. I work my butt off in the gym and watch what I eat. Jamie
suemeister2773
on 11/16/04 11:56 pm - holly springs, NC
hello Jamie, myname is jamie too. All i can say is keep doing what youre doing. I plateau here too, wont lose for a while then it picks up again. some lose faster due to their starting weight etc. keep your head up. I am moving to fuquay varina north carolina in the beginning of the year i hope its warmer there than here in boston. keep your head up jamie
MzH
on 11/17/04 1:54 am - LOSERLAND, MD
Hi Jamie, I am responding to your post because I noticed that you misunderstood what I said. First, it has been 5 months not six since my surgery. Second, I have lost a TOTAL of 131 pounds in the last 10 months but ONLY a respectable 75 since my surgery on June 11, 2004. I you read my profile, you will realize that I am one of those people who sets almost unattainable goals for herself and then actually make myself believe that I can achieve it. My favorite saying is, "Aim for the moon, if you miss, you will land among the stars" Please don't compare yourself to anyone. We are all different and we will lose at different speeds. I read further down that LeAnn had her surgery 5 days after me and has lost the same amount, Heather had hers 10 days after me and has lost 84 pounds. BJ too, had surgery after me has lost more than I have. My normal reaction would be to look at my weight loss and consider it nothing. Now, I'm just thrilled that we are all doing so well. Think about what weight we all were on June 1, 2004. We've come a long way, JUNE-BUGS ROCK!!! Hannah 5'1"~~~272 highest weight 216/141/121?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views