thanks giving day recipes

Kori
on 11/13/04 9:14 am - Westminster, CO
I was wondering if anyone had any good post op thanksgiving recipies?? I am looking to make this non- gorging holiday a good one. Thanks in advance Korianne 305/205/150
Lpaekc
on 11/13/04 12:25 pm - Montague, MI
other than using splenda to bake and spray oil for cooking I think you can make anything you normally did. I like Tapioka pudding so Im going to use Carb Countdown milk to make it so there will be more protein in it. Use peeled apples sliced up put them in a baking pan sprayed with pam, sprinkle some cinnimin sugar over them and bake till they are soft. I was going to try adding them to some fatfree vanilla pudding.I have a fruit salad recipe that is excellent I'll look it up and send it off to you. Thanksgiving will be taking a new meaning.. not the food like it use to be but Living! so much to be thankful for now, we need to make new traditions like how we exercise big time the day before, the walk we take after the dinner as a family.... something to shift the view from "food" to "Life" Patti, in Montague
Barb P.
on 11/16/04 3:05 am - Elberta, MI
I was looking here for the same things. I am leary of doing all the cooking for Thanksgiving and then not being able to eat much of it. Still don't have much of an appetite but somedays mourn for food. Sounds like Patti has the right idea. I will watch for that recipe too, Patti. Thanks. By the way, my surgery was June 24th at Harper with Dr. Michael Wood. I have lost about 60 lbs so far. Will know more after my Dr. appointment on Thursday. How is your WLS journey going? Let's just pray for each other that we manage to get through these typically "feasting" holidays, ok? Hugs, Barb
marypoco
on 11/21/04 9:20 pm - amherst, MA
I found a really yummy cranberry sauce recipe in splenda.com web site. As we all know cranberry sauce has lot's of sugar!. this recipe for cranberry/apple relish is really good. I'm gonna make it and bring it to my Mom and Dad's for our Thanksgiving meal. Try it once it cools off, it's really Yummy! At warm it's kinda bitter, but, who eat's cranberry sauce warm?? Happy Thanksgiving in advance! Mary
marypoco
on 11/21/04 9:28 pm - amherst, MA
I also thought of another. Dessert recipe. Chocolate cream pie. Chocolate pudding the sugar free kind Cool Whip and Graham cracker crust. total sugar 6 grams. from the graham cracker crust. 0 grams from the pudding and 0 grams from the cool whip. YUM! ~ Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views