high protein lunch meat!

Smile
on 10/26/04 5:15 am - Buffalo, MN
I have found this wonderful turkey breast that has lots of protein.....Oscar Mayer Oven Roasted Turkey Breast ~ 98% fat free.....EACH slice has 13 grams of protein and only 25cal. per slice! I usually can eat 3 at a setting, that is 39 grams right there! I usually eat it with 1/2 C low fat cottage cheese....that is another 13 grams!!! So a total protein just for lunch is 52 grams!!!!!! And then I have a protein shake in the morning of 20 grams. (72grams) So I pretty much get all of my protein in by lunch time. The lunch meat is pretty moist and when adding the cottage cheese it makes it even moister!!! Just thought that I would share!! LeAnn Protein shake 20 grams 3 slices lunch meat 39 grams 1/2 C low fat cottage cheese 13 grams ------------------------------------------------ 72 grams
Carol-from-NJ
on 10/26/04 7:39 am - River Edge, NJ
Dear LeAnn, Thank you for the protein tip. I have not tried any lunchmeat yet but this sounds like a good choice. I usually eat leftovers from previous nights dinners but was looking for something when I am unable to heat things up. I read your profile, you sound so positive even with your original complications. Great atitude. Sounds like you are doing very well now-congratulations and good luck to you. Sincerely, Carol
Lpaekc
on 10/26/04 10:47 pm - Montague, MI
very cool thanks for the tip! Patti in Montague
brittypie
on 10/30/04 12:09 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
Hi LeAnn-- This almost sounds too good to be true! How awesome...but are you sure it's 13 grams per slice and not actually 13 grams per serving? Can you look at the label and get back to me? I would really appreciate it because I really have a hard time getting the protein in and this would be a dream come true. Thanks so much!!! Jeanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views