I've hit a Plateau

Jacquie B.
on 10/22/04 5:59 pm - Plano, TX
I had my lap band surgery 6-25-04 starting weight 253.5 now weigh 215 (4mos) it seems I've hit a plateau, haven't lost a pound in a month - anyone out there who can give me tips on how to jump start the weight lost Desperate Jacquie
bubbleboo K.
on 10/22/04 11:49 pm - anywhere, OK
Great job. I am 4.5 months out and am down 62 depending on the time of day of course. I haven't lost in the last 2 weeks. I think it has to do with losing 19.5 lbs. last month, the most I have lost since the first month. Your body like mine is probably adjusting to what you have lost so far. You could try increasing your exercise, that is what I will be doing next week. Also, are you getting in enough calories? If not that can slow you down as well. Make sure you are getting in enough protein and fluids. Good luck.
Diana A.
on 10/23/04 6:18 am - Lake Elsinore, CA
Hi Jacquie,, I too have hit many a plateau and I found the best way to jumpstart weight loss,,is increase protein and water!!! It truly works,, Right now,,I'm averaging about 100-120gm protein and 90-120ozwater,Ive been doing this for the past few days and jump started weight loss!! Have lost 4lbs in past few days,, Good luck,,, Diana 282/260/211/goal 160
Kelly23
on 10/26/04 1:50 am - Lone Beach, CA
Hey! You might want to change when you are eatting things. Like if you are having an egg at like 830 and cheese at 11:15. Have the egg at 11:15 cheese at 8:30,see if that help. You know can alway call the dr office and talk to one of the pa's and see what they say. Because that what I had to do when I was in a plateau, and it is also a waitting game, it isn't very much fun. I was on a plateau for like 2 weeks. But you will get over it.
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/04 12:46 am - Middleboro, MA
Hi Jacquie, I have hit many plateaus.... They do go away, but in the meantime they are frustrating !! I have been told it happens and 5-10 lbs. a month is all I am going to lose now, and this is also true !! I started out at 292lbs. now I'm down to 202 but it's taken me 6 mos. to do it.. My Lap RNY was performed on June 1st.. I put on a lb. and then it comes off, after awhile I lose another lb. or two.. I do think increasing my water intake helps me. Everyone is different. After a while we get to know our own bodies, it's all such a learning process.. As much as we are alike, we are also different !! So, hang in there, we are all in the same boat... Congradulations on your success so far.. It is sure a great feeling for me. This is the most wt. I have ever lost in my whole life !! Joanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views