Planning Thanksgiving Dinner

Faye O.
on 10/20/04 12:58 am - Middleport, OH
I have started thinking about making plans for this year's Thanksgiving dinner, and how to update some of my recipes to accommodate my new eating lifestyle. I thought...what better time to start a recipe exchange amongst all my "June Bug" friends. So, if you would like to post a recipe, please do so...and we'll all share our ideas for our first post-wls Thanksgiving. Also, add a note on why you are thankful this season, if you like. My recipe is: Cranberry Apple Relish (taken from www.splenda.com website) Makes: 20 (1 oz.) servings Preparation Time: 20 min. Chill Time: 2-3 hours 1 (12 oz) bag Fresh Cranberries 1 cup SPLENDA® Granular 1 cup Water 3 Tbsp. Orange Juice Concentrate 1 medium Apple, peeled, cored and diced 1/3 cup Golden Raisins Place cranberries, SPLENDA® Granular, water and orange juice concentrate in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil 3-4 minutes or until cranberries start to thicken and water has reduced by about half. Remove from pan and place in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight. Add diced apple and half of the raisins to cranberries. Stir well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, sprinkle remaining raisins over cranberries as a garnish. Serve chilled as an accompaniment to roast meats or poultry. Nutrition Information Per Serving Total Calories 30 Calories From Fat 0 Total Fat 0 g Saturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0 mg Sodium 0 mg Total Carbohydrate 8 g Dietary Fiber 1 g Sugars 6 g Protein 0 g This recipe, when compared to a traditional recipe, has a 57% reduction in calories, a 53% reduction in carbohydrates and a 60% reduction in sugars! I am most thankful for the new "me" that is emerging day by day. It is so nice to be wearing smaller sized clothes, donate "too big" clothes to Goodwill, and have the energy to walk with my husband and son, participate in their activities, and just enjoy life. Thank you God! I look to hearing from you all, with your recipes and thoughts! Faye
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views