Everyone is talking about hair loss......

Jacquie B.
on 10/19/04 6:14 pm - Plano, TX
I have noticed while reading the forum/message board in regards to the surgery, the main concern other than not losing fast enough is hair loss. Does anyone out there have any suggestions in slowing down this process? Is it because the quick weight lost, the type of surgery such as the gastric bypass as suppose to the lap band which is at a slower pace....just curious Jacquie
Alicia W.
on 10/20/04 1:39 am - Ephrata, WA
I think i am the one that started that discussion (I may be wrong) my hair was falling out more than was normal. I called my dietician. She said that I wasn't getting enough protein. That I was shy by about 20 grams a day. She recommended a protein drink. YYYYUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!! Hoewever I have discovered a way to make it palatable. I use the whey protein, vanilla flavored, and put it in my coffee as a creamer/sweetner. It's deffinitly interesting but not half bad. Hope this helps Alicia ps My hair loss has slowed down.
Smile
on 10/20/04 1:48 am - Buffalo, MN
I too had/have a problem with hair loss.....it has slowed down quite a bit since I have upped my protien. I even cut my hair to a shorter sassy style to make me feel better....it worked. I hair loss isn't as noticable to me now that it is short.
cynthia M.
on 10/21/04 5:45 am - chicago, IL
i hate this hair loss-when will it come back--people look at me and if they don't know i've had a gastric bypass, they think i have cancer and on chemo.
Yes Its Me
on 10/23/04 1:21 am - Jacksonville, FL
Jacquie, I've started losing hair, I think, the second I had surgery. Maybe it was that I wasn't getting enough protein. I get a LOT in from just eating protein foods, but when I upped the intake after looking at some of the older pre-ops saying they STILL drink protein shakes daily, it stopped falling out. Most of the people I read about would start losing their hair at 3 months.. I was DONE losing by then. I eat lots of protein, always proteins first at meals AND get two shakes a day. Skim milk, to keep the calories down. Worked like a charm for me. I love unjury vanilla, but have gotten some excellent samples a few weeks ago, Matrix 5.0 vanilla or chocolate. Delish!!! You can get a five pound bag at BariatricEating.com for I believe around 45.00, a very good deal. Samples also available there I belive.Or Email [email protected] and see if they'd send you free samples, Syntrax, the manufacturer of Matrix, also makes the Nectar flavors ( which I dont care for, but Matrix is very good, I find ) I'd give it a shot, up the protein, seems like it worked for me Andra
Donna D.
on 10/26/04 2:31 pm - Welland, Canada
I use Omega 3 fish oil capsules and it has really slowed down my hair loss. Donna
Kori
on 11/13/04 9:18 am - Westminster, CO
I don't think lap banders have as much of a hair loss problem because they don't have the malabsorption issue.. Right?? Korianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views