JUNE-bugs weigh in...

Sheryl C.
on 10/23/04 10:20 am - Kaleva, MI
RNY Surgery Date 6/28 Starting Weight 214 Current 168 Pounds Lost 46 pounds I have been doing really well up until the last few days it seems like I have been very hungry. I am happy with my results so far and don't exercise as much as I would like. I drink GNC Performance Plus Vanilla Protein Drink just about everyday and have not had any hair loss yet. I also take a Foltx tablet daily that Dr. Gluck ordered for me and believe that has helped with the hair loss. I also take my vitamins faithfully. I still eat pretty much the soft things, some burger once in awhile but seems it does upset me...Just as long as I am losing I am not bothered. Good luck to all and congrats.
CVanscyoc
on 10/24/04 1:23 am - Sarahsville, OH
HEy there.....it's great to see everyone's weigh in...helps me know that I am right on track. Open RNY on June 18 Starting weight.......287 Today's Weight.......213 Total Lost..............-74 Total Gained..................(so far)self-confidence, better health, ability to do things with my kids, a new lease on life..... This is the best thing that I have ever done for myself....although I do still panic when I see the hair coming out and when I see the pounds slowing down. I worry that I will not be successful or that I have forgotten what I am suppose to do to lose the weight, but that is what I conditioned myself to feel for 42 years.....so its a work in progress to learn new habits. Glad to see everyone is doing so well. Keep up the good work! Cindy
AngieM
on 10/24/04 7:34 am - Somewhere in, Pa
Hello everyone!! Great job, and congrats to all you June losers!!! Wayyyy to go!! I had lap RNY on June 3, 2004 and have lost 92 lbs. I have more energy then I have had in ten years!! I am starting to lose hair also, but it is such a small price to pay!! 303/211/150 Hugs, Ang
ginamok73
on 10/24/04 1:45 pm - Enid, OK
Surgery: Lap RNY - June 21, 2004 Height: 5'10.5" Start Weight: 275 Current Weight: 192 Total Lost: -83!!! Even though I've hit my first plateau (at about five pounds above my high school weight --- how awesome is that???) I feel SO much better. I didn't realize how bad I felt until I started feeling better (anyone else with that experience?) I'm tired more now than I was a month or so ago, but I think it's my body adjusting to the weight loss and a quick 20-45 minute nap usually solves that issue. I've started walking some, about two or three times a week I take a 20-40 minute walk. I'm planning to add another day per wee****il I get to a max of six days a week. Once I'm walking 5-6 days a week for a few weeks I plan to start running...something I've NEVER been able to do. I just started noticing hair loss, I probably need to improve my protein intake with shakes to aid with the hair loss thing, but honestly - If I woke up bald tomorrow, I'd be okay because I feel so much better. Really, I haven't been big on the protein supplements because since surgery I've had a problem with --if I put something in my mouth and it tastes bad to me, it makes me nauseated sometimes to the point of vomiting. At this point the prospect of trying anything new worries my pouch so much that I'm practically sick before I try it. I'm sure this will pass. I'm still on children's chewables but I'm think I need to change this as well to a more substantial vitamin supplement, any suggestions for that? What I've gained (and lost) that makes my life better since I had surgery? I got divorced - has NOTHING to do with this surgery, but it was a good thing in the end. I've been flirted with, smiled at and approached by men I don't know - which is W-E-I-R-D!!!! I'm far less likely to "people-please". I feel good about getting out of the house. It feels great to see people I went to high school with who have said "You look just like you did in high school. You're so lucky!" It's weird to see people who never knew me before I gained 100+ pounds, who now don't recognize me! Glad to be June-bug with the rest of you!!!! Happy Losing! Gina
Jennifer W.
on 10/26/04 1:29 am - Landfall, MN
6-22-04 open VBG 355lbs Now, 270 lbs -85 lb loss :D Have hit my first plateau, and my hair is falling out big time. Started taking Biotin supplements last week, and it actually seems to be helping a bit. Dance rehersals start on Nov. 2, so that should kick the weight loss back into gear.
michellebeck
on 10/26/04 11:48 am - Taylor, WI
I had surgery on 6-22-04 and started out at 298 lbs. Today, I weigh 220 and have lost 78 lbs. I have a goal of 100 lbs to meet by Dec. 21st, my 6 mo checkup, so I'm thinkin'....just maybe I'll get there!! Michelle Appel
Jeanne S.
on 10/27/04 11:23 am - Newton, NC
Sorry I dont post much but I do read a lot..Between work and chasing a 2 year old and his activities life is crazy. Anyhow: Lap-RNY June 1 2004.. Starting weight....333.4 Current weight.....244.2 Total loss......89.2 I have lost so much hair and my hair was thin to begin with....I am also taking biotin. My sister is a year out so I have her as my support system. I go to the gym at least 4 days a week before I go to work....So I am getting up at 5:15 to be there by 5:30. By 4 in the afternoon I am wiped out. I am also having trouble getting my protein in I can not stand the taste of protein shakes...any suggestions. Have a great evening... Jeanne
MzH
on 10/27/04 12:21 pm - LOSERLAND, MD
Sorry to post at such a late date. I am now a size 6!!! I started at 216, weighed 144 at my October 19th visit, and have lost a grand total of 72 pounds since surgery. I am 23 pounds from my surgeon's goal for me. Way to go Junebugs! hannah
dawn davis
on 10/27/04 8:14 pm - cumming, ga
start weight 340 weight now263 -77 lbs walk m-fri for about 1 mile my hair is very thin now it has been falling out for about 2 months. errrrr but all in all every thing is better. I've been having a lot of intestinal cramping and hard stools, are we allowed to take a mild laxative to help things get moving and if so any suggestions on a safe one?
Island G.
on 10/29/04 10:29 pm - powder springs, GA
Hey Everyone!!!! Surgery Date-June 21,2004 Startng Weight--280 Today I Weigh--220 60lbs GONE FOR GOOD!!! Wearing a lot of my 16's now, jealous of u ladies in size 10's and 6's already!!! DO U EAT???? Hair beginning to thin, gonna try some of your suggestions. But all in all very happy with the way my body looks now and getting a LOT of compliments!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views