JUNE-bugs weigh in...

Jean G.
on 10/20/04 11:40 am - Clinton, IA
Hi June bugs, I had open rny on June 7th. I weigh myself on Monday mornings and as of last Monday I was at 177. My highest weight was 257 and my weight the day of surgery was 237. That is 60 from my surgery, but a total of 80. Wow!!!
Dhodges
on 10/20/04 12:18 pm - Bakersfield, CA
My surgery open RNY June 2, 2004 Started at 240 and 5'6" Today 173 A total loss of 67# Just started loosing hair Have a real hard time with protein powder, any suggestions. What food has the most amount of protein? God Bless everyone! Debbie
Kathy B.
on 10/20/04 1:15 pm - Folsom, CA
I had my surgery on June 2nd. I am down 105 pounds. My hair started falling out right on schedule. I am looking forward to the 6 month point which is when my sister's hair started coming back. Before surgery I was taking 9 pills a day for various problems. I am now only taking 1 mild BP medicine. Best regards, Kathy
silvasurfas
on 10/21/04 1:19 am - Ypsilanti, MI
this was really interesting to read to see where everyone is right now, thanks for posting! open rny: 6.2.04 height: 5'7" starting weight: 350 monday's weight: 256 total loss so far: 94 my hair is REALLY falling out too. i swear i've lost about 1/2. luckily i had a ton of hair to start with, so it's not too noticable yet. i've also been working out, lots of cardio and weight training (to try to help my skin bounce back). about 4-5 times a week if not more. great to hear how well everyone is doing!! chris
tcarol
on 10/21/04 1:27 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
Congratulations Cherish and Everyone else, I really appreciate it when those who are posting their successes give all of the details (surgery date, type of surgery, start weight, new weight and lbs lost). I have noticed that we tend to get frustrated when we read how well people are doing with their weight loss compaired to ourselves when only the pounds lost are posted. If you only compare yourself to those who started near the same weight as you did, it's easy to see that we are all losing at about the same rate. I had my RNY Lap surgery on 6/10/04, I started at 265 and now weight 208, down 57 lbs. I feel great and have more energy than I ever remember having. I still say this is the best thing I have done for ME Keep up the great work all! Terri
Becky F
on 10/21/04 7:11 am - Woodstock, GA
My surgery Lap-RNY on June 7th Starting weight of 252 As of yesterday....194 Total loss so far........58 I have been tired too...I go to bed at 9:00 and get up at 5:45. I need two more hours of sleep a night now. I've changed vitamins and feel a little better. I losing hair too! It's not noticeable yet unless we share sinks. It's just a matter of time! Hugs, Becky
Jane K.
on 10/21/04 8:01 am - Terra Bella, CA
I had my surgery on June 28th. I weighed 237 and today I weigh 167!!!! I am so excited and feel pretty good . I am wearing size 10 pants and large shirts. Yah Jane K
Patricia O.
on 10/22/04 1:27 pm - Miami, FL
Hey guys my surgery was 6/7/04 Pre op - 267lb Current - 194lb -73lbs Wow it feels good be under the 200's. I have started to go to the gym 5 days a week. It really does help. My hair is falling in habd fulls but lucky me I have alot of hair, I cant wait for it to stop. Congrats to everyone on their weight loss.
dcox94
on 10/22/04 11:43 pm - North Wilmington, DE
Cherish, I had my surgery on June 21, 2004. I am down 96 lbs from 404 (weight at time of surgery). Doing well for the most part. I really have to work on an exercise routine. I gues****ting the keyboard with your fingers does not count. I am having some hair loss...I am trying to say to myself its from the hair dryer and curling iron....sounds plausible to me. I have days where I can bounce off the walls...then I have those days where I drag.....Mondays are the worse for me..... I have had painful periods since the surgery and I am not liking it at all. I don't know what is safe for me to take so I take nothing and suffer. YUCK. I am starting to hate being a woman. MENOPAUSE where are you? I am getting in protein (~90 grams) and well water never goes below (64 oz) my calories have been fluxing....~900-1000 calories sometimes less depending on the day. I get too busy and I forget to eat....messes me up for the day. I then usually have to eat what I need in the evening. It stinks. I really need to find a new routine. Glad everyone is doing well. Debbie
Yes Its Me
on 10/23/04 1:07 am - Jacksonville, FL
Good Morning All! Surgery weight 305 ( highest 334 ) weight this morning 249, that's -56 since surgery (total -85 since March) I think we're all pretty much on schedule, and doing wonderful ! How is everyone tolerating foods? Honestly, I haven't found anything that I can't eat yet. Beef, chicken, it all goes well. Don't have any "hunger" feeling yet in my pouch. Can't say I miss it, either. Would be fine if I never felt hunger again as long as I live Take care ! Andrea (334) 305/249/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views