JUNE-bugs weigh in...

Faye O.
on 10/19/04 3:58 am - Middleport, OH
Cherish: Thanks for the post! Open RNY June 7th - Holzer Medical Center, Dr. Grandia Begin weight: 332 lbs Now: 252 lbs Total Loss (So Far): 80 lbs. Goal weight: 145 lbs. Your energy level will get better. Are you taking all your vitamins and getting in the protein? My doctor put me on 50 mg zinc/day extra to help with the hair loss. I do think it is helping now. I've also heard some were put on extra Biotin or B-12...just hang in there, it will get better. Comfort thought: I recently went to a reunion of all wls patients and met some of the first ones to be done at Holzer's...about 2-3 years ago...nobody was bald! My energy level is much better for the past month or so. I can get through the day with no nap, and still have energy left to go to Curves for 1/2 hour exercise. The more you do, the more energy you seem to have....so get up there and move! Good luck to you...and all *****ad this post! GO JUNE BUGS!!! Faye
Lpaekc
on 10/19/04 10:20 pm - Montague, MI
I'm down 98 pounds, feeling better and doing WAY MORE!
Sherry S.
on 10/19/04 11:37 pm - Buna, TX
I had my Lap RNY on June 8th My starting weight was... 453 lbs Yesterdays weigh in was... 315 lbs Total loss to date is... -138 lbs and still going strong. I had to have an emergency surgery 6 weeks after the initial surgery for a twisted bowel then 3 weeks after that I nearly bled to death from an ulcer in the pouch. The ulcer was caused by taking aspirin daily, so no more aspirin for me ever. I have spent the past 3 years in a wheelchair and was totally dependent on others for all my needs, it feels wonderful to be walking and doing my own thing again. I still need my wheelchair on certain occasions but that is becoming less and less as I lose more weight. I swim and do water aerobic 2 to 3 hours per day for 6 days a week. I am up to swimming 50 laps without being winded and to think just 5 months ago I couldn't walk 5 feet without having to stop and fight for air. My hair is falling out but I don't care. There are wigs and cute hats to help out with this. Everything I have been through is such a small price to pay for the benefits I am reaping from having this surgery. My friends laugh at me a lot of times. I will suddenly discover I can do something or fit in something and I get all excited. They love to be around when this happens and lately it is happening a lot! This past month there have been a lot of tears of joy from both my female and my male friends. We all knew that I wouldn't have been around to see the Holidays this year but the RNY surgery has changed that and I am happy again. I was one of the lucky ones. I never got depressed after my surgery I was up and walking (as much as I could) and laughing all the way through the recovery. I tell everyone about the surgery and the miracle it has been for me. I carry a before and updated after picture with me everywhere I go and show it to anyone who is willing to look. I have been asked many times... "After all you have been through with the added problems, would you choose to have the surgery again if you could do it over?" My reply to this question is "I would most definantly have the RNY Gastric Bypass Surgery again. I do not now nor never have I regreted having the surgery, it has saved my life and allowed me to hold my head high with pride again. I have my life back and each day it only gets better and better." Sorry about the long post, I haven't gotten to post in a while and I think I tried to make up for it. ::Giggles:: How do I get my before and updated after picture on my profile??
Yes Its Me
on 10/23/04 1:31 am - Jacksonville, FL
If you have pictures of yourself somewhere already on a website, you can link them to your page, at the page where you can manage your profile, or there is also an email address where you can write to a volunteer to put the pictures in your profile, you just have to send them the pictures Andrea
Ivy P.
on 10/20/04 12:19 am - Greenwood, SC
I had my surgery on June 28,2004-I have lost 85 lbs. Started at 305 and am now weighing 220. It has been a rough ride life is getting better though! Want to lose 80 more lbs.!! Ivy
amy D.
on 10/20/04 2:43 am - clarksville, TN
My name is Amy Dyer I had open Rny done by Dr. Steely in clarksville Tn on JUne 28th 2004 I have lost 120 pounds. 400lbs down to 280 in 4 months monday
marypoco
on 10/20/04 9:27 am - amherst, MA
HI , My surgery Lap-Rny on June 8th Starting weight of 260 as of today.... 195 total weight loss so far .... -65 Happy I'm fitting into nice normal sized clothes again Happy October everyone, Mary
mssgrnspc1972
on 10/20/04 9:33 am - Killeen, TX
Hi All!!!! My surgery was June 23 My starting weight......316 As of this morning....270 Total Loss So Far....-46 I am the slow loser but that is o.k... I feel a whole lot better than I felt almost 4 months ago and I have gained a lot more confidence... Everyone keep up the good work and congratulations. Tasha-TX
Edwin H.
on 10/20/04 11:01 am - Montgomery, IL
My surgery Open-RNY on June 9th Starting weight of 310 as of today 224 Total Loss so far - 86 lbs. I am feeling great and knock on wood have not had any problems. I am not trying to brag so please forgive. I take my vitiams daily. I get them from www.bariatricsupplementsystem.com they are just as cheap as you can get them from the stores. I drink a protein drink daily which has about 50 mgs. I see my doctor in two weeks for a check up.
Sharon A.
on 10/20/04 11:19 am - Warren, MI
Open RNY June 17 start wt 429 Now 295 down 134 Loving the wght loss. Hate the hair loss. So many changes in such a short time. Feel better than I have in years though am still tired but can walk and talk which is great. I am another one who knew that I wouldn't be here for the holidays without the surgery. Don't regret it for a minute. Wishing everyone the best.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views