Best Exercise for toning muscles

Jacquie B.
on 10/16/04 8:52 pm - Plano, TX
I had my surgery 6-25-04 started at 253.5 now 215 - I am a 56yrs young and at the point where I need to get serious/start toning my muscles especially the booty and arms - does anyone out there have any ideas or sources I can check out?
mssgrnspc1972
on 10/17/04 1:27 am - Killeen, TX
I was actually told by my Dr. that we are not to tone until 6 months out. I would still like to find out this information for when I do get to that point. Congratulations on your weight loss. Tasha
Jacquie B.
on 10/17/04 5:47 am - Plano, TX
At the rate I am losing weight, 6 mos is long - I want to tone before I get to flabby if you know what I mean, and plastic surgery is out of the question. Jacquie
bubbleboo K.
on 10/22/04 11:54 pm - anywhere, OK
My dr. gave me the go ahead for exercise at 6 weeks. I go to curves at least 3 days a weeks, will be going 5 days next week plus walking the track. I have also found when I do WATP videos consistantly I see results starting at 3 weeks, especially in my butt and thighs..
Kevin B.
on 10/25/04 2:08 pm - Lansing, Mi
Six months before strength trainining seems like a long time. What is their reasoning for so long? Risk of hernias? I would like to know that answer. Anyways, here is my experience.... I was given the go ahead to use an imcumbent(sp?) bike 6 weeks after surgery and received approval from my surgeon to start resistance training 3 months after surgery. I work out at the local YMCA 4-5 times a week with weights and cardio work. He recommended that I start with light weights and work on form and build on repetitions which I have done and have gradually increased my weights. I am amazed at the toning that has occurred in such a short time. If you can't afford a membership, I know my hospital offered a home workout kit called, Gym-On-The-Go. GOTG is simply a bunch of cords and suggested exercises that help you strengthen your muscles. I would assume that there is a way to get prices on a set online or find something similar at a local sporting goods store. Hope this helps and continued success with your new body!! Kevin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views