Some one encourage me Please!!!

Cherish M.
on 10/13/04 11:58 pm - Franklin, LA
HI my June family, Had Lap Rny on June 9th. I have lost 52lbs. Ofcourse I am totally PMSing right now and the scale shows a 2.5 lb gain..which I am not worried about. But...I realized...I can eat more now. I dont like that very much. Its like I am comfortable and I am slowly slipping back into those grazing eating for comfort ways. I know its all mental. But I feel like the food is winning lately. I have to get myself back on track. I am so tired all the time..still! And my husband...poor thing has been in the hospital 3 time since his surgery on May 18th. He has lost over 100. I was just wondering if anyone else is having this same problem? I know why I had surgery...to be healthy...not a super model...and I feel great! ...dont get me wrong...Praise GOD for me losing the 52 lbs because I am in a size 14-12 from a size 20-22. I feel great! dispite the tiredness all the time. I just need someone to give me a quick kick....and get me back thinking about the important things ...I dont want to keep slipping into that comfort zone. Thanks for listening, Cherish-Louisiana
mary_kay
on 10/14/04 12:09 am - lee's summit, MO
My sister and I had surgery 2 months apart. She had surgery on 5/3 and I had surgery on 6/28. I have lost more than her. The one thing we make sure to do is commend each other every day. We don't compare, which is hard for us to do because we are twins and it is natural for us to compete. But we also know that there are major differences in our body types, 8 inches in height alone, that can cause differences in loss. Of course, MEN, those hateful creatures (giggle giggle), lose much faster than women. You are doing GREAT. I cannot wait till I am in a 12-14. I might be able to fit an 18 soon and I have lost 75lbs. YOU ROCK. Now would be the time to look up "The Pouch Rules for Dummies" and try to start living by them. They make a lot of sense and I try to follow them. Good Luck to you!! Mary Kay
Cherish M.
on 10/14/04 1:07 am - Franklin, LA
I know...I have the "pouch rules". Oh believe me...I dont try to compete with my husband. He had more to lose than I did so I knew he would lose more. I am grateful for my loss. I guess when I sit and dwell on it...I know I could have lost more...I know I can lose more. Like I said...with my PMS going on right now...I am just have a little pity party on myself. You are doing fantastic!!!! How wonderful you and your sister getting it done. My sister had it two years ago...and believe me...its still a competition to her...she is afraid I will be smaller than her. Its fun...we tease eachother alot...her being two yrs out and all. Good luck to you both! God Bless, Cherish-Louisiana 218/166
Smile
on 10/14/04 3:08 am - Buffalo, MN
I am in the same boat as you are!! I had my WLS on the 16th and I too am down 52....I lost 19 pre-op for a total of 71. But I have started to graze too and it is starting to freak me out a bit. As of last night there isn't any junk food in the house. So I am hoping to stop the grazing. I am worried too about getting back into old habbits....it is really easy to do....I don't dump. But that is no excuse!!!! We did this to be healthy!!!! So I'll give you a quick kick if you do the same for me. Chin up!!!! I just posted on the MN board that I was down about this darn platue that I have been on. But was reminded that I am losing inches!!!! Measure yourself and see the difference!!! It sure made me smile!!!
Kevin B.
on 10/14/04 4:57 am - Lansing, Mi
Hang in there kiddo!!! You are doing just fine and are experiencing normal fears and problems. The surgery may be starting to lose some of its initial effect on you by now. I am shocked at the amount of food that I have been able to eat lately and am fighting that urge to continue eating more than I should eat. Realistically, I know I am going to fight a weight problem of some sort for the rest of my life but I am not going to let it rule me like it did in the past. I try to get in my liquids every day and get in some form of exercise as often as I can (working out at the local YMCA 4-5 times a week does wonders for my motabolism and mood). I may not say anything different than you have heard in the past. Just keep telling yourself that you can and are ready to live this new lifestyle and that you don't want to go back to the person you were pre-surgery. You can do it!! Kevin
Cherish M.
on 10/14/04 7:07 am - Franklin, LA
Thanks yall Kevin and Leann...I hear yall! And your right. 52 lbs is alot considering I lost it in 4 months. I could never have done that on my own. I have to stop this grazing...PMS or not! Its the rice...those darn carbs...they really do make you want to eat all the day long...so I have decided to do sorta a atkins type thing. Which is what our nutritionist told us anyway. Protein first...etc.... Thanks everyone. Im sure that this little pity party moment will pass me by and Ill wonder why I sat crying in the first place. Guess I just needed to vent. Thanks Cherish-Louisiana 218/166
Smile
on 10/15/04 1:04 am - Buffalo, MN
There ya go girl!! You need to try to have a good additude! I think what I am going to do with this grazing is do a day or two with just protien shakes and liquid just to try to detoxify (sp?) my body. We'll see how long I can do it for today. Wish me luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views