Ok what the heck is wrong with me???

Carol T.
on 10/6/04 6:38 am - Clayton, NJ
I noticed that a lot have lost 75 pounds and I have only lost 55 pounds since June 23 SOOOOOOO WHATS wrong with me??? Everyone says I am looking good and my skin is not hanging ..but gezzz even my doc ask me what i was drinking like I am doing something I am not suppose to. I did and am still doing everthing he wants me to. My reg doctor says I am doing good....Help please feeling a bit discouraged
Melissa S
on 10/6/04 9:54 am - Cool Ridge, WV
I with you! I bummed too! My doctor even told me yesterday that he was disapointed. He thought I should have lost more. I am about -60 from surgery day. He told me to strat weight training and up my protein to at least 85grams. I still can't eat but 2 ounces at a time and meat is out. I hate protein shakes but I guess I will just have to choke them down someway.
Carol T.
on 10/7/04 6:48 am - Clayton, NJ
Hi Courtney I guess we all have to stick together. You are doing great. I am with a few others that wrote back,.. we cant look at everyone else. We have to look at our selves slowly getting the weight off. My skin doesnt sag. as in my tummy. my arms do though but anyway we will lose as long as we stay with our eating right and not put stuff in our mouth that might make us gain it back. OMG like this one gal in the doc, office I was 3 days out from the hospital and she was telling everyone she was eating chips and something else I want to say candy but I could be wrong.... I was horrified to say the least. she was one month out. I didnt have all this pain then and go put stuff in my mouth to gain weight and I know that you havent either. So you keep up the great job and if you need a pick me up, I hope I can help you, email me anytime
topshop20
on 10/17/04 1:35 am - mo
I am a little late in responding but I will anyway. 60 pounds since 6-22-04 is awesome!! Don't let your doctor discourage you. What a nincapoop. We didn't put this weight on overnight and we're not going to lose it overnight. At my three month appointment I had lost like 62 pounds and my doctor thought I was doing awesome and said I was right on track! Keep up the good work. You are doing awesome! Shawna
mssgrnspc1972
on 10/6/04 10:50 am - Killeen, TX
I think you are doing great. I had surgery on the same day and I have only lost 42 lbs and I went for my 3 month check up and my doctor told me how well I looked and told me I was doing great. I have came to the conclusion that all of us are unique and we lose weight at our own pace. I don't think that it means that we are doing anything wrong. Keep your head up. I am the one that should be down I seem to have lost way less than any of the threads that I have read. I have still went from size 28 to size 22 so I know that I am doing something right. God Bless You and don't compare your weight loss to any one else's it is very depressing and I learned that the hard way. Tasha
Carol T.
on 10/7/04 6:38 am - Clayton, NJ
NaTasha Thank you for the up beat I need it bad. I also went from a 26/28 to now 18 or an Xtra large. I went to Calif for a visit 3 weeks out of hospital and bought a shirt I wanted really badddd. The biggest size they had was an Xtra large. I bought it thinking that I wouldnt wear it for a long time. lol on me I looked at it when I got back to Jersey and said what the heck and I put it on....you talk about a yahooooo. I was so happy!!! The little things that please us right. God bless you also and YOU keep up the good work!!!
Dhodges
on 10/6/04 11:16 am - Bakersfield, CA
I had surgery on 6/2/04 and have lost 60 lbs., so you are doing great! Keep up the good work! Deb
Carol T.
on 10/7/04 6:50 am - Clayton, NJ
Thank you Deb you also keep up the good work!!! Thats so greattt!!!
mary_kay
on 10/6/04 11:44 pm - lee's summit, MO
Carolyn, Please, please, please, do not beat yourself up. Everyone is different. My twin sister and I both had this surgery. She is 5'1 and I am 5'8. She had her surgery on May 3, and I had my surgery on June 28. She has maybe lost 60lbs and I am at 75lbs lost. She looks great. I have noticed quite a bit of the time that people who need to lose more, lose it faster. She has gone from a 26 to a 18/20. I have gone from a 26/28 to a 20/22. It is about the same comparison. We learned before surgery, and believe me when I say it was a counselor that helped us, that we cannot compare ourselves because everyone is soooo different. I mean heck, look at us and we are twins. So you just keep doing the great job that you are doing and keep your chin up!!! mary kay
Carol T.
on 10/7/04 6:30 am - Clayton, NJ
from last night, Thank you for the up beat. I needed that, and I think we all do. You also keep up the good job you and your sister.... Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views