My hair is falling out!!

Alicia W.
on 10/5/04 7:42 am - Ephrata, WA
I have noticed the last few weeks that my hair has been falling out. The last 3 days has been really bad! It's coming out in handfuls. I've been told this is normal after gb surgry but does anyone have any magic home remedies I could use? I'm getting desperate. Help me! Alicia
Tracy U.
on 10/5/04 11:18 am - South Setauket, NY
I had surgery June 22 and my hair has started to fall out too. It comes out a lot in the shower and when I bru**** So far I haven't been able to see the hair loss. If you hear of any remedies, please let me know. Thanks and good luck. Tracy
Yes Its Me
on 10/5/04 12:41 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Alicia, unfortunately there's just no magic spell against this hair loss. I thought it starts around three months, little was I prepared when it started coming out by the handfuls a week after surgery. I think I must have lost 2/3 of my hair, but hey.. its ok, I had PLENTY to lose, and now it actually is sort of NORMAL Having said that, now that I am 3 .5 months post-op, it stopped falling out and I'm seeing lots of new growth. It looks ratty, since it's all showing on top of my head and is about an inch or so long, first I thought it was broken hair, but the lady at the salon said, no, that's new growth. Yippee... Don't despair, it wont ALL fall out, there is hope!! Keep up the vitamins and protein, and you'll be fine Andrea
Carol T.
on 10/6/04 7:02 am - Clayton, NJ
I ask ,my reg doctor and he told me that zinc would help and the surgon told me to take vits for nails and hair, someone other than a doc told me to take vit b12 so I am taking it all plus all my other vits I take. I have now started to drink protien from GNC has a lot of protien in it and it is only 90 cal. hope this all helped....
Cherish M.
on 10/8/04 1:31 am - Franklin, LA
Hi everyone. I am experiencing the same thing...handfuls of hair. Its depressing...but I knew and expected it to happen. My hair was so thick...now in the back of my head at the crown...its ratty and thin. I pray it grows back. Every washing...oh my...the tub gets clogged up with hair. I just pray we all get our hair back . Cherish-LA
silvasurfas
on 10/11/04 3:18 am - Ypsilanti, MI
i've been reassured by my surgeon and case workers (the case workers are all post-ops too) that you won't lose it all, it will DEFINITELY come back and as long as you're getting in your protein/vitamin requirements, there is NOTHING you can do to stop/slow it. everyone is different to how their body reacts to major surgery. believe me, i've lost quite a bit so far and it is scary. to me it's not worth the money to try all these things that are supposed to "help" with the hair loss when it's been shown nothing will help. i can only go on my doctor's/caseworkers word, i trust them. good luck! chris 350/261/?
Smile
on 10/13/04 2:04 am - Buffalo, MN
Me too, Me too!!! Thank goodness my hair was really thick to start out with. But I started to notice that it was getting more limp and straggly, so I got a short sassy hair cut. It is so much better now. And it is now falling out a bit less than before.....at least I don't notice AS much since it is short. LeAnn I need a new pic. now....this one is pre-op!
Lisa B.
on 10/18/04 10:32 pm - Valrico, FL
My hair started to fall out also. I purchased biotin and then my nutritionist said it was a waste of money. She recommended Omega-3 Fish Oil tablets. EPA 600 mg and DHA 400 mg for 2 tablets. I take 2 after breakfast, 2 after lunch and 2 after dinner. I get them from a company called Metagenics. You need a nutritionist or doctors scrip. My hair stopped falling out in 1 week. A side benefit is the fish oil, it helps with going potty, if you know what I mean!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views