What are you EATING?????:

CVanscyoc
on 9/30/04 1:22 pm - Sarahsville, OH
Well I am finding my biggest dilemma comes in the form of not knowing what to eat... can you help me out? I want to know what you typically eat in a days time. I have lost 65 lbs. in 3+ months but I am getting bored with the same things...I can't do chicken i get sick EVERYTIME... but i will keep trying. I am finding myself in a rut though....its oatmeal, tunafish, carb coutdown smoothies and eggs. HELP! lol.... ( do I sound alittle desperate? well i am ...lol) I just don't want to lose sight of how far I've come with this weight loss. Soooooooooooooo........any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks, Cindy in ohio 287/222/140
Carmen T.
on 9/30/04 11:24 pm - Columbia, SC
Well what you are doing is working. You had your surgery a couple weeks after me and you have lost a little more than I have so far. Honestly I eat whatever. Just not alot. I don't eat fast food but I do eat home cooked pretty much what I want. I do still get my protien in first but I have a spoonful or so of carbs at dinner and breakfast. One of my favorites is home made cheeseburger patty, just the meat. I am addicted to walmart chicken tenders and spicy barbque chicken bites. Yes they are fried but packed with protien. I have been pretty lucky the only time I have gotten sick is if I ate too much or lean cuisine meals. Let me see, what else.. . Grapes apples Bryers carb right ice cream spaghetti sauce (sometimes with a little noodle) roasted turkey tuna and chicken salad spinach broccoli and cheese cheese omelets salad barbque or baked chicken no skin (take it off BEFORE you cook it, it cuts the fat in almost half) chunky (some kinda meat) soup soup on the go diritos ground beef with taco seasing and cheese, sometimes I mix in fat free refried beans too.....and sometimes rolled in half a tortilla. Hope this helps. Carmen LAP RNY 6/2/04 293/227/175?
Lpaekc
on 10/1/04 12:17 am - Montague, MI
Hi Cindy, Here are a few ideas... Using sauce or condiments with whatever you eat makes it eaiser to digest. Wet burritio Muller pasta with olive oil and Italin dressing add in small cubed ham with green and black olives ... some no fat shreeded cheese and light parmisian cheese... make sure you really cook that pasta so it is very very tender. I eat about 1/2 cup at a time and it has about 12-15 grams of protein and only 150 calories. Carbwell Cereal bars taste NOTHING like protein bars but they have 10 grams of protein and only 140 calories. The peanut butter ones taste like girlscout cookies and the cin/raisin taste like a pastery treat. Cottage chees, no fat cool whip, crushed pineapple drained well, sugarfree strawberry jello, Mix and Treat! Protein and low calorie! Oscar Meyer pre cooked bacon 3 slices 70 calories and 5 grams of protien. 30 sec. in the microwave. Thin deli sliced lunch meat and no fat kraft sliced cheese Roll ups. You can even put them around a pickle and use cream cheese to hold it together. Tuna Wraps .... mixe tuna 6oz can, softened cream cheese 1 and a half bars, french onion soup mix pkg. mix and then spread on a 4 tortia shell and roll it up... put in in the frig and let it set up again.. .cut it into thin circles and eat ... one full roll is 15 grams of protein and around 150 calories. Use very lean meat and make chili with Chili beans, pinto beans, stewed tomatoes, add a can of water for each can of beans and tomatoes... chopped onions and celery, a little chili powder and pepper. cook on low for at least 8 hours. You have to add water once in a while as it cooks down. I made a big batch and froze it in 1 cup servings so I can have it when ever I want. I can only eat 1/2 cup at a time with about 5 low fat club crackers. If you want more detail on how to make this email me.
bubbleboo K.
on 10/2/04 12:15 am - anywhere, OK
My surgeon has me on a balanced diet of sorts. I eat my protein first, then fruits and veggies and some whole grains. I tend to eat chicken or lean beef at dinner with broccoli or cabbage and then have some brown rice. Usually it amounts to about 2.5 oz of protein when it is a meat and then 1/3 c. veggie and 1/3 c. rice. I can eat pretty much anything at this point, but I am still doing shakes at least once a day. I try to mix it up as food can get very boring when I can only eat a tiny bit at a time. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views