first time to post/ question

maddisons_mama
on 9/27/04 9:05 am - Olathe, KS
Hi, I am Jami and I had my wls June 14, 04. So far I am down 93 lbs and for the most part I feel great! One thing that I do struggle with is that I feel I should be losing faster. I know in my head that it is coming off faster than should be expected but in my heart I long so much to be thin that I get so overwhelmed with the thought of the loss taking so long. Does any one feel the same way or am i just being a greedy pound loser?
krystaleyes_1999
on 9/27/04 11:44 am - Ft Leavenworth, KS
what weight did you start out at? 93 lbs is ALOt of weight in that short of time. I had surgery on June 30th and i am down 60lbs. ~Amanda 325/265/150
maddisons_mama
on 9/27/04 1:26 pm - Olathe, KS
Hi Amanda! I started at 336 and now I am at 243, I want to be at 140. 60 pounds is a good amount, how are you feeling post op?
amy_gage
on 9/27/04 12:25 pm - Flower Mound, Tx
Jami That is alot of weight. Tomorrow I will be post-op 3 months and I am down 63 lbs. But yes there are thoughts of can't I just be SKINNY!!!!! NOW!!!!! But I have to remember I did not gain all this weight in one day or even one week, it took years and the really great thing is that it will not take YEARS to come off. Keep up the good work!!! Amy 321/259
maddisons_mama
on 9/27/04 1:32 pm - Olathe, KS
Hi Amy! I am glad that i am not the only one who feels this way. My husband doesn't understand, he has always been thin and he says the same thing, "you didn't gain the weight overnight so why do you expect it to come off overnight?". You seem to be doing really well on your loss, are you feeling well? My surgery went very well and I feel great! I do get some anxiety sometimes because I get frustrated with the time frame and then with my clothes looking so baggy! I feel like I dress like a slob now but what can I do, there is no point in buying anything right now, I have gone down from a 30/32 to a 22. Do you ever feel this way? Jami 336/243/140
ejarbaby
on 9/27/04 12:56 pm - Omaha, NE
You are doing really well. I understand the greedy feeling. I feel that way too sometimes. But you are ahead of me. I have lost 61 lbs since 6/21. Keep up the good work. You've almost made the century club. Cathy -61
maddisons_mama
on 9/27/04 1:35 pm - Olathe, KS
good for you Cathy! Thank you for the encouragement! Jami 336/243/140
mary_kay
on 9/28/04 3:36 am - lee's summit, MO
Jami, You are doing great. Yes, you have lost a lot, but, my doctor says, the bigger patients lose more faster. You know, as well, that everyone here says to make the most of your first 6 months. You are taking everyone's advice. I am 2 weeks behind you (06/28/04) and I am at 70lbs. That is according to my scale at work. I go tomorrow for my 3 month check up and it might be more who knows. So I say keep on rocking girl and don't beat yourself up because you are ahead of most of us!! mary kay
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views