14 weeks today and down 133 lbs. Too fast???????????

Sharon A.
on 9/23/04 10:33 am - Warren, MI
Hi all I had my surgery 14 weeks ago today and am down 133 lbs. I saw my endocrinologist today and she is thinking this is awful fast especially since I am down 16 lbs just this week and that is while on steroids for lung prob. Anyone else out there having concerns about losing so much so fast. Not that I mind losing it but am having some electrolyte problems. To all those who are June surgeries i hope all is well.
Nancy M.
on 9/23/04 11:44 pm - Mt. Jackson, VA
Perhaps you could try increasing your carb intake and see if that slows down your weight loss. Mostly I hear the opposite, people are concerned that they are losing too slow. Make sure you take your supplements and take care.
Cherish M.
on 9/24/04 1:18 am - Franklin, LA
Hi Sharon, Wow 133 lbs...that is ALOT!!! I am not worried about me...as I have lost -48 lbs in 3 1/2 months. I am worried about my husband. He has lost 100 lbs in 4 months. He just 2 weeks ago went in for emergency gallbladder removal. He looks great...but not healthy. He only has about 40 lbs more to go before he reaches his personal goal of 200. I am worried about him. He really hardly eats anything...just drinks water all day long. I am the opposite. I eat all day long and hardly drink any water. Did your Dr. do blood work? My husband doesnt see the Dr. for another 2 months...When they will probably do blood work on him to just make sure everything is okay. Good luck to you and God Bless!!! Cherish-Louisiana
Krista R.
on 9/24/04 6:39 am - Lancaster, CA
I think the big thing here is, how do you feel??? It does seem very fast but one of the people in my support group is right there with you on how fast the weight is comming off and he is doing great. His blood work is normal he feels great and is looking fantastic. Men of course usually do loose faster but this may be normal for you. Are you active?? that can increase the weight loss too. Hope all is well for you!!!! Krista
Yes Its Me
on 9/25/04 2:12 am - Jacksonville, FL
Sharon, what does your surgeon think ? I looked at your profile and I've noticed that you have a pretty high BMI, so your weight loss will be a lot higher and faster than the lower BMI's would be, so in a way, you're normal, but I'd definitely check this with the surgeon. I'm 3 months out now and made the half century mark today wohoo. Losing much slower than some others, but happily losing one pound at a time here! Best wishes and take care ! Andrea
dusty
on 9/30/04 5:43 am - Canehill, AR
14 weeks for me Tuesday, I down 67 lbs. So far I feel fine, Hope your feeling ok. If you are still worried, maybe calling your doc or nurse will help you feel better since they could give some advice. Hang in there. Alta
Lpaekc
on 9/30/04 10:47 pm - Montague, MI
That is awsome Sharon! So long as you are feeling well and your blood work is all fine? I am 16 weeks out and Im down about 90 pounds. Wish I cold say I was where you are!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views