12-week weigh-in and a minor rant . . .

B.J.
on 9/23/04 4:48 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Hi everyone, Well . . . I traveled one hour in rush hour traffic for my 3-month checkup with surgeon yesterday evening, anticipating questioning him about my lack of restriction and my suspicions about an enlarged stoma. Got to the office to find the door locked, and the phone disconnected. What the heck??!! I used my cellphone to try his other office which is even further downtown (D.C.), thinking I had mixed up my dates or something. After 25 rings, one of the office staff answered, saying that the office I was at was permanently closed. Well it would have been friggin' nice of someone to give me a call, ya think? She said I wasn't on their schedule in the D.C. office for yesterday, either. Now I know I wrote this down correctly in my appointment book when we made the original date. Grrrrrr. So I couldn't be seen there, either . . . but I did get scheduled for next Wednesday. Good thing, apparently, because then she informed me that as of October 1, my surgeon was leaving the practice and she did not have any info as to where his new offices would be located or what the phone numbers would be, etc. So now I am very uneasy. I hope I get some answers next week. I feel like presenting them with a bill for my babysitting costs, my gasoline costs, and just plain wasting-my-time costs, lol. This morning, I had an appointment with my regular doctor who oversees my meds for fibromyalgia and back pain (I have degenerative disk disease in my lower back). According to his scale, my 12-week loss comes to 240!!!! Woohoooo!!! I told him that I had some relief from the back pain right after surgery, but recently have been noticing more discomfort. He says that the weight loss has caused my center of gravity to be redistributed and I need to work on exercising certain other muscles in my back to strengthen my posture. He gave me a referral to a physical therapist! So that's the news from my little corner of the world. -BJ 300/240/150???
Nancy M.
on 9/23/04 11:52 pm - Mt. Jackson, VA
What a bummer! Doctor's office staff can be so inconsiderate when it comes to notifing patients about changes. Sounds like your weight loss is right on target. Good luck in finding another surgeon to do follow-up care if your current one moves out of your driving area. I don't envy you driving around in DC traffic at all to chase down your physician. I am not a city person and when I do venture into DC I drive to Vienna and take the metro for an occasional visit to the Smithsonian or the zoo.
MzH
on 9/24/04 2:36 am - LOSERLAND, MD
Barb, I was reading your post and it's horrible that your Doctor is moving. You should have gotten something in the mail to all the patients. Now, it looks like you've lost 60 pounds in your 12 weeks. That's GREAT!!! It took me every bit of three months to hit that. CONGRATULATIONS! Hannah
Krista R.
on 9/24/04 6:34 am - Lancaster, CA
How rude of them not to inform you of the change. I was upset when my doctor's staff forgot to post one of my appointments so when I started down there and called to confirm the appointment, I was told "oops", but at least he didn't do a dissapearing trick. Good luck with the physical therapist!! Krista
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views