Protien - is it ever too much????

Evelyn A.
on 9/22/04 7:08 am - Hayward, CA
Hi All, I have a question,,,,,,,,,,,How do you know when it is considered too much protien? I am supposed to have between 69 & 71 grams of protien a day. Most of the time I go over that - between the protien shakes & the actual protien........well, I just would like to know what (if any) would be the side effects (good or bad) of too much protien. Thanks for your help! Love, Evelyn In California 324/265/180??(or less)
bubbleboo K.
on 9/22/04 7:54 am - anywhere, OK
As I understand it, you cannot consume to much protein. Your body will use only what it needs and the rest will be "tossed". Right now I am suppose to get about 83 g of protein daily, some days I have gone over. If you do not get enough you will see the side effects, such as hair loss, bone degeneration and so forth. Good luck.
Evelyn A.
on 9/22/04 8:22 am - Hayward, CA
Thanks so much for the info.......good luck to you in your journey as well. Evelyn In California 324/265/180????
Debra F.
on 9/25/04 10:25 pm - Newport, KY
Protein is never too much. I understand that the more protein you eat the more weight you will lose. Debra French RNY-June 2nd 315/245/-70pounds Kentucky
tinsa427
on 10/4/04 9:49 am - Mandan, ND
I WAS TOLD THAT I SHOULD STAY UNDER 100 GRAMS OF PROTEIN A DAY. IF YOU ARE EATING ENOUGH SOLIDS TRY DECREASING THE SHAKES, WE WERE TOLD TO USE SHAKES AS A LAST RESORT AND GET OUR PROTEIN FROM REAL FOOD. HOPE THIS HELPS.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views