my hair is REALLY falling out

dawn davis
on 9/21/04 1:25 pm - cumming, ga
Is anyone elses hair falling out? I have thick curly hair and have lost about half of its volume. I hope it grows back i'm really getting scared I don't want to be bald you know.
MzH
on 9/21/04 1:50 pm - LOSERLAND, MD
Dawn, You are scaring me! Mine seems to have quit falling out. Could it be your gallbladder meds? One of the side effects of urso is thinning hair. Hannah
Sonya E.
on 9/21/04 9:34 pm - Frenchtown, NJ
Mines is too. I went to the doctor to see if I could take propecia or rogaine and she told me that I would start growing hair in places that I would not want it. She told me to up my vitamin E and more protein. In addtion, I ordered the Niocin shampoo. That is suppose to help with stimulating new growth and ease the hair loss. ~Sonya
(deactivated member)
on 9/21/04 9:58 pm - upstate/central, NY
Hi-dawn My hair was and is falling out in clumps as well. All my labs were fine until....my Dr tested my Thiamine (B1) and it was super low and there was my answer. I now have to supliment 250 mgs a day. Good luck and look into that... Kim 318/247/-71
Cherish M.
on 9/21/04 10:28 pm - Franklin, LA
HI Dawn, I am in the same boat as you. Thick hair and my hair has just started falling out. If I as much as run my fingers through it...my hand is full of hair. It is scary. But all say it will grow back. Let me know if your Dr. tells you anything you can do. Cherish-Louisiana Lap Rny 6-9-04 218/170 -48
Carmen T.
on 9/21/04 11:36 pm - Columbia, SC
Mine is coming out...not too bad yet. Not just falling out on my pillows...but when I comb it is shedding. I have heard that the Nioxin (sp) products work but little else does and it has to run it course. Most people say it grew back. Oh, one thing is to make sure your labs are normal. Best Wishes Carmen LAP RNY 6/2/04 293/230/170?
Melissa S
on 9/22/04 12:49 am - Cool Ridge, WV
Mine is falling out too. I can run my fingers through my hair and it comes out about 15 strands ever time. I stopped doing that!
joansmith8335
on 9/22/04 2:12 am - Stockton, CA
My hair started to fall out at around the 3 month post-op point. I talked to a couple of people who are more than a year post-op and I was told that we should expect it (the hair loss) to continue til about the 6 month post-op point and then it will grow back. Someone else told that there is a hair product line called Follicure. They have shampoo, conditioner, gels, etc. She knew about this product because of a family member who literally lost all of her hair from chemotherapy and it helped. I have not had time to get to the beauty supply store to try it out. Joan
Tasha M.
on 9/23/04 7:49 am - Colonial Heights, va
Oye mine JUST started falling out this week. I knew it could happen but it still freaked me out. I'm trying to be very careful about getting all my protein and vits in. Does anyone know if you can stop it once it starts? Tasha 303.5/223.5/138
ANDRE' D.
on 9/23/04 11:46 am - JOPLIN, MO
My Doctor told me that I need to up my protein and that zinc would help with the hair loss. Seems to be working. Also I'm not as tired as I was before I got my portein back on track. I had my surgery June 7, 2004 and have lost 60lbs, I started at 250. God, I'm so happy. And the inches, I wish I had kept track because I have gone from a 3X to a 16w. :- D
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views