5 week plateau

topshop20
on 9/20/04 8:27 am - mo
I had surgery 6-10-04 and lost 70 pounds in two months. The last five weeks I haven't lost anything. I haven't changed my eating habits any. I only eat about 2 oz per meal three times a day . This fills me up. Sometimes I will have one snack. I probably get about 50 g of protein a day. I do walk about a mile a day. My doctor doesn't want us to go over 1000 calories a day . I believe I do about 800 to 1000. I don't know if my body is in catch up mode. Everyone says I am getting much smaller so I don't know if I am just losing inches and then the weighloss will pick back up. Sometimes I don't think I am eating enough but I feel full ALL THE TIME even on teh little amount I do eat. Anyone else experienced a plateau this early out? SHawna
Tamara P.
on 9/20/04 10:32 am - Auberry, CA
I think I reach a plateau every couple of weeks. And then suddenly the scale will show a 4 or 5 lb drop. Don't worry about what the scale says, you will notice more in the way your clothes are fitting and the more energy you have. 70 lbs is a lot to lose in the first two months, maybe your body is in complete shock. I had my surgery on 6/2/04 and have lost 47 lbs. But I feel absolutely wonderful. Hang in there. Tamara
topshop20
on 9/20/04 10:59 am - mo
Thanks Tamara! I know 70 pounds was an extreme amount to lose in two months and I think my body did go in shock. I can tell a big difference in clothes though. And walking and other exercises. Thanks again for the response! Shawna
Lpaekc
on 9/20/04 1:40 pm - Montague, MI
Hi Shawna, I just got over a 4-5 week plateau. It is hell but I think its just part of the process so keep following the rules and you'll be fine!
joansmith8335
on 9/22/04 2:24 am - Stockton, CA
WOW! I thought I was the only one experiinecing this plateau. About 4 weeks ago I actually gained 5 pounds pre-menstrually and it took me 3 weeks to drop those 5 pouinds. My eating habits haven't changed either. Overall, I am losing my weight slowly, so this plateau is very discouraging. I am still sitting at a total weight loss of 40 pounds. But the amazing thing is, that my clothing size keeps dropping. I have dropped 4 sizes in jeans, 3 sizes in dresses, skirts, suits, etc and 2 sizes in casual shirts. My friends keep telling me to stay focused and the scale will change, but.... Joan
bubbleboo K.
on 9/22/04 7:58 am - anywhere, OK
Wow, 70 down in 2 months, that is awesom! You said you are getting about 50 g. of protein a day. Why so little, most surgeons recommend at least 60. I usually eat about 80 a day. My weight is going down steadily right now, all though I did have 2 week stall and then dropped 4 lbs. You have done great.
topshop20
on 9/22/04 8:20 am - mo
Actually my surgeon says a minimum of 50 g of protein a day for women and 60g for men. I think I may need to up it though. thans for replying! Shawna
BadMammaJamma
on 9/22/04 1:29 pm - Bitburg, Germany
Hi Shawna, A friend who also had WLS recommended this website to help get over your plateaus. I, like you, was in a 4 week plateau and not feeling really encouraged at all especially when reading about people with surgery dates close to mine losing 50+lbs and I am stuck at -40lbs. I went here and this week I have been trying some of their recommendations, the scales finally moved again. So check it out to see if you can use some of the information. By the way, congrats on your 70lb loss. http://www.lowcarb.org/plateaus.html
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views