a pick-me-up this morning

B.J.
on 9/17/04 3:22 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Hi everyone . . . So you ladies won't think I'm a miserable whining gloomy gus all of the time . . . want to share with you what happened this morning! I have about 20 Rubbermaid tubs full of clothes that were too small, but I couldn't bear to part with anything over the years. (I still have the Levi's jeans I wore in my early 20's -- and I'm 42 years old now, LOL!) Today I opened one of the tubs up just for kicks . . . and found that I can fit into 22's and 24's . . . and even one pair of 18/20 pants. Woohooo!!! I may just get into those Levi's yet! It's been hard for me to "see" the weight loss in my clothes that I've been wearing all summer (you know, my "uniform" consists of baggy tshirts and stretch leggings, sizes 30/32 and 4X's). I'm definitely losing at a different proportional rate than I was at on the way "up" . . . for instance, blazers that matched skirts/pants were too tight, yet the bottoms fit. Hopefully this will all even up eventually. There were two tubs of sweaters that I think I'll be able to wear through the winter season here . . . . . . so I'll just set aside what I would have spent on new clothes (and save it for the plastic surgery that I know I'm gonna need!). -bj
amy_gage
on 9/17/04 2:08 pm - Flower Mound, Tx
Congrats!! It feels so good to fit into smaller clothes!!! Amy 321/266 -55
Nancy M.
on 9/18/04 7:11 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
Way to go. Feels good to be able to fit back into some of the clothes we held onto.
Lpaekc
on 9/18/04 3:07 pm - Montague, MI
Way to go BJ!*!*!*!*! That makes you feel like a million dollars doesn't it!
joansmith8335
on 9/22/04 2:33 am - Stockton, CA
Barbara, You were better tahn me, you at least packed those too small clothes away in Rubbermaid bins. Not me, I had them in my closet and my son's closet and anywhere else I could hang them. Now, I am able to wear things that I have dust off. The clothes that fit now, are more than 10 years old. Congratulations! Doesn't it feel good.?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views