I have a favor to ask of you . . .

B.J.
on 9/16/04 11:47 pm - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Hi Junebugs, Would you mind doing me a favor, pretty-please? I have my 3-month checkup at surgeon's next week . . . and as I posted before, I'm going to discuss the possibility that my stoma is enlarged and that I feel I'm able to eat WAY TOO MUCH. I would like to be able to tell him what other folks who had the RNY surgery at the same time I did are eating on a daily basis, for comparison. Is anyone willing to post their daily intake for 1-2 days so I have something to draw on? It sure would be appreciated. Thanks, BJ (who had shrimp for breakfast -- mmmm, protein!!)
mary_kay
on 9/17/04 2:37 am - lee's summit, MO
bj, don't know if this will help. yesterday, brkfst - 11oz protein drink and a mozzarella string cheese stick lunch - 4-5 chicken gizzards dipped in hot salsa dinner - 2-3 oz of au gratin potatoes and 2-3 chicken gizzards. sometimes I can eat quite a bit, sometimes I can't and please, no one, jump on me about what I am eating. Don't really care what others eat or don't eat. This is me. smile. mary kay
B.J.
on 9/17/04 3:09 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Thank you Mary Kay, this is exactly the kind of info I can use . . . -BJ
Cherish M.
on 9/17/04 4:19 am - Franklin, LA
Im like you...I think I eat too much... Yesterday... Breakfast...Quaker oat bar Snack...apple Lunch... smothered okra w/ shrimp...about a little over 1/2 cup supper....same as lunch Today was bad... breakfast...apple snack...none lunch...(very hungry)...1/2 small cheese burger and about 5 tator tots snack...left over burger 1/2 and rest of tots How do I feel right now?...I feel like But its my fault! I was craving a burger...I gave in! :angry: I am only 3 months out...I shouldnt be able to eat a hamburger...I know I cant eat the whole thing...but still Its my fault...i shouldnt have done it... Good luck at your Dr. visit and let us know what he says. Cherish-Louisiana 218/173 -45 Lap rny 6-9-04
kr1sta1ynn
on 9/17/04 4:53 am - wichita, ks
6.29 was my surgery date.. breakfast Dr. Phill Chocolate Protein drink Lunch 1/4 Baked Potato with sour cream snack - Protein Bar Supper 3 oz orange roughy with crumb topping snack 20 almonds
Jen R.
on 9/17/04 9:58 am - Forest, VA
I think this must be the three month PO curse of "I can eat too much" feeling. I was just thinking of posting about that. So here is a typical day or so for me. Keep in mind I am a protein shake failure so I try and get mine in foods. B: *my toughest time because i can't figure out what to eat* a half of a bagel with either peanut butter on it or cream cheese ( I can do an egg some days and others, yack) L: 3 oz of tuna w/ mayo and relish S: cheese or glass of 1% milk D: whatever I make the family (grilled chicken/casserole/pork, etc) I eat almost a cup of it. I rarely eat sides cause I am trying to get my protein in Hope this helps. I am concerned though because I am not really adhering to carbs/fat intake, I just make sure i get my protein in (40-50g/day) and I see where people are really concerned on bread and pasta and i know why, I just hope I am not breaking a major rule of WLS. Only protien was really stressed by my doc and of course the mentioning of low fat so I do try but I dont think I am "converted" yet to a true healthy eater. Gosh, I didn't mean to go on here. Sorry. Good luck!!! Jen
Lpaekc
on 9/18/04 3:03 pm - Montague, MI
I eat Mullers high protein pasta ... that way I can eat pasta and get my protein in.... I can only eat the rottini pasta, and it has to be cooked well... a min or two longer than it says on the box. The other types the mac or the spgh both are hard to digest for me.
tcarol
on 9/18/04 2:34 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
Hi Barbara, My surgery was on June 10th and so far I have lost 45 lbs. What I ate yesterday was: Breakfast: 8 oz Protein drink made with 8oz 1% milk, 1 scoop designer whey protein powder and 1 packet sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast powder = 30 grams of protein Lunch: 1 egg scrambled with cheddar cheese and ham. Snack: 1 fat free Quaker Granola Bar Dinner: 2 baby back pork ribs, 2 Tablespoons spanish rice, couple bites of green salad with 1000 Island dressing. Snack: 1/4 cup Carb Solutions ice cream Total calories 918, protein 57 I hope this helps. Best wishes at your upcoming doctor's appointment Huggs! Terri
MzH
on 9/18/04 12:41 pm - LOSERLAND, MD
Barb, My surgery was 6/11/04. I've lost 60 pounds so far. I'm all over the place with what I eat and when. I eat dinner foods at breakfast and switch it around all the time. First of all, I usually just pour whatever my meal is, into a 1/4 cup just to make sure it's that amount. But let me give you today's menu. Breakfast 1 scrambled egg yolk w/1 slice cheese w/salsa ( I hate egg whites now) Snack: unjury protein shake with water (only 90 calories & 20g protein) Lunch 2 teaspoons salsa, then filled the rest of 1/4 cup with canned red salmon Snack: unjury protein shake with water (only 90 calories & 20g protein) Dinner 2 teaspoons fried rice, filled the rest of the 1/4 cup with bourbon chicken cubes. (I had to wait half an hour after eating because when I ate it, I still thought I was hungry but it went away.) I must have just wanted more because it was good. Hope this helps. Hannah 218/156/110?
B.J.
on 9/18/04 10:21 pm - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Thanks for replying, Mz H! 1/4 cup portions? Are you hungry at all? See, this is what concerns me. I can eat 1 cup portions easily, have been able to since right after surgery My surgeon better have some answers next Wednesday, darnit. -BJ p.s. Hannah how far is "Loserland, MD" from Annapolis???
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views