I am a new member

LizzyL
on 9/15/04 10:12 pm - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hi everyone I had my surgery on June 8. and i am loving it!!! I lost 87 LBS all together since I started back in Oct. I lost 45 LBS since surgery. I was 280 LBS , and now i am 195 LBS. Here is My question: is 45 LBS since the surgery , too little to lose since JUNE 8th ? because I see MANY people loosing ALOT since THEIR surgery. it is totally making me nuts and depressed. is 45 LBS too little to lose? I am so confused. I am excrising ALOT ...... walking and doing everything i am suppose to do. I have my protien first and then vegies and fruit afterwards. I eat 2 -3 times a day .... if I am hungry i eat 3 times a day I do not snack between meals. I drink my water , herbal tea's and crystal light's This girl I know on another board lost 90 LBS since June 8. is that possible ? or what ?? I say to her , HOW did you loose so fast ?? WOW , but anyway , i am so happy that I had this surgery , i am so soooo lucky ..... Ohhhhh I can't wait to be THIN!!!! My dream is coming TRUEEEE Thanks for reading my post Hugs & kisses Lizzy
Sharonne M
on 9/16/04 2:21 am - In Love, MD
Hi Lizzy, I, too had my surgery on June 8th and so far I have lost 47lbs. Because, my doctor said that I was in the light weight catagory, that I would lose about 10-15 lbs. per month and when I go into the weight chart and put my height and weight in, I am ahead. My stats were 237lbs and height 5'2". When I started I wore a size 20, now I am wearing size 12 and some 14's..Now, I am at 190lbs. Your doing great and please stop comparing yourself to others, we all different! Be Blessed and Good Luck, Sharonne
mm3125
on 9/16/04 3:34 am - McCammon, Id
Everybody (and every body) is different--keep up the good work! Marian
MzH
on 9/16/04 3:56 am - LOSERLAND, MD
Lizzy, Welcome to our neck of the woods. It sounds like you are doing GREAT! We all lose at different rates. The "lightweights" lose slower than the others etc. Imagine my surprise when I got a call from my friend who has lost 90 pounds in 12 WEEKS!!! Here I was sitting around thinking that I was superwoman for having lost 60 pounds in my first 3 months. Her surgery was two weeks after mine! She had to remind me that since she started 200 pounds ahead of me, it will always be like that. As a matter of fact, when I measured the % of excess body weight lost, we had both lost the same %. It's cool how that works out. I just thrilled that we all got the surgery and are taking better care of ourselves. Keep up the good work. Hannah RNY 6-11-04 216/156/110? (my highest weight was 270)
Cherish M.
on 9/16/04 4:17 am - Franklin, LA
Hi Lizzy, Welcome to the June board. My Lap Rny was on June 9th. I have lost 44.5 lbs to date. I started out weighing 218 the morning of surgery. I as of this morning weighed 173.5. I am a slow loser. But I am happy with that. Slow is good. My darling husband on the other hand had open Rny on May 18th and has lost 85+ lbs in less than 4 months. This pass Thursday he was rushed to surgery to remove his gallbladder. Seems the rapid weight loss struck up some stones. He is doing much better. Men seem to lose faster as does someone who starts out with more to lose. My husband could sneeze and lose 2 lbs. :angry: But what you have loss so far is GREAT!!! I just praise GOD that I had the surgery and am on my way to a thinner healthier ME!!! Good luck to you, Cherish-Louisiana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views