AM I lossing toooo sloooowwww...help

Diana A.
on 9/8/04 10:49 am - Lake Elsinore, ca
Hi All, Second time posting,,so still pretty new to this,, I am p/o-june 15,2004 and I feel like Im not losing enough, or too slow.. Starting weight,2mth before surgery,,282lbs Date of surgery,,,,,,,,260lbs, as of 2 days ago,,,,,,,222lbs So total weight loss 60lbs,,BUT!!!! I think only 38 lbsreally counts?? Am I correct,,if so,then it seems Im losing very slow?? I try to drink 60-80oz of water everyday, I eat/drink 50-80oz of protein,, I excerise almost eveveryday..4-6days walk 2 1/2 miles and 30min cardio work-out(slim n 6) great video.. Should I be doing something else?? My day consists of ;;; breakfast= 1egg,1 soy sausage,slice of cheese..or protein dk snack=== 1-3oz cheese lunch====tuna/egg salad dinner=== usually seafood/salad snack== cheese/soy crackers Thats it... AM I eating too much,please advise,, Thanks so much,,I may not post alot,,but I sure read as many post as I can,,they inspire/help me,, Thanks all, Diana
Lpaekc
on 9/8/04 10:52 pm - Montague, MI
Gosh Diana, even if you only count 40 pounds thats about 4 pounds a week! I think thats awsome! You sound just like me, I wanna wake up and have this mound of fat GONE! lol but it just won't work like that... frustrating as that is! You're really doing great! I think you did the right thing posting. Nothing worse than feeling this frustration and keeping it to yourself. Thats why we're all here ... to help eachother get through these times. Scale hasn't moved in 3 weeks for me so I'm going crazy myself. You keep doing what you're doing.. posting that, is inspiring to others of us! Patti, in Montague
Diana A.
on 9/9/04 5:28 am - Lake Elsinore, CA
Hi Patti, How are you?? Thanks so much for your words of encouragement!!! I really needed to hear them. I totally understand about wanting to wake up and wish that my stamache ROLLS!!!! would just disappear!! Is this crazy,,everynight,laying in bed I actually grab my largest roll(belly)to see/feel if it has shrunk?? lol,,crazy,, Thank you again, Diana
tcarol
on 9/9/04 1:21 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
Hi Diana, Please don't get discouraged. I started out pretty close to where you did before surgery and I have lost 41 lbs since my surgery which was on June 10, 2004. My heaviest weight was 308 a few years ago. When I first looked into WLS I was weighing 275. On the day of surgery I was 260. I really think it all counts. When I tell people how much I have lost, I count from the day of surgery weight, but in my mind it was more. We all want instant gratification, we have worked hard and want to see the weight gone. But as many have said before me, we didn't put on the weight over night and it's not going to disappear over night either. Keep in mind, if you didn't have the surgery, where would you be today? I know I wouldn't weigh 219 lbs. I haven't been at this weight in 25 years or more. I'm proud of myself and very happy with what I have been able to accomplish. I am no longer taking diabetic medications or high blood pressure meds, that is an accomplishment right there! Sure I want to continue to lose and I know I will, it just takes patients. Hang in there and best wishes to you! Terri
Diana A.
on 9/9/04 5:30 am - Lake Elsinore, CA
Hi Terri,, Thanks sooo much for responding,you have no idea,how much better I feel!! You are doing great!! I'm so happy for you! I will definetly try to be more pateint and try to look at the BIG picture,, Have a wonderful day!! Thanks, Diana
Tracey L.
on 9/9/04 10:59 am - Lakebay, WA
Diana, I don't think you are losing so slowly as it feels...I'm distal rny on 6/3/04 and I've lost -56......not alot, but I was heavier than you when I started. I understand that it's not as rapid if you are mid 200's compared to someone 380 lbs......and I hear stories of someone losing 100 lbs in 3 months and I get so jealous and self doubting....but then I back up....realize that I'm doing GREAT for me....and so are you. Somewhere on this site is a chart that shows how we should be losing, and you are right on. Best to you, Tracey
Diana A.
on 9/10/04 6:44 am - Lake Elsinore, ca
Hi Tracey, How are you? Thanks so much for your words of encouragement,they mean so much too me!! Your doing so well too,I soo happy for you!! Cant wait till I reach my first hundred,as it is,when I weighed myself the other day I weighed in at 217lbs.. Last time I weigh that low was in High School!! 20yrs ago,,talk about a good cry,,unbelievable,,I used to wish/dream of a miracle,,now I have it!! God Bless, Diana
Tracey L.
on 9/10/04 1:26 pm - Lakebay, WA
Diana, go to the top of the page here and click on 'site map' and then on the section 'general tools' and it will give you a weight loss planner and shows you how much we can expect to lose month by month. I think you'll be pleased to see you are on target.....Tracey
Diana A.
on 9/10/04 2:56 pm - Lake Elsinore, ca
Tracey YOU ARE SO AWESOME,,thanks for the info,,according to weightloss of 2lbs per week ,I should reach goal in 7.7mths,, Thankyou. Diana
bubbleboo K.
on 9/11/04 9:47 am - anywhere, OK
I had surgery on the 11th of june and as of today I am down 48. I was 278 on the day of surgery. I often have thought that I was slow at losing, but when I look at others I have found that if you are under 300 you will lose at slower rate. So the less you weighed prior to surgery the slower you lose. When the heavier people reach our start rates they often find that the weight lose slows down. The way I see it, I have never had weight fall off of me prior to surgery no matter what program I tried, but I also never lost the amount of weight I have in 3 months before. You are doing great. Don't be so hard on yourself. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views