please update wt loss here for sept

dcox94
on 9/8/04 2:56 pm - North Wilmington, DE
Hello June Post Ops... My start weight was 411 lbs. Surgery Date June 21, 2004 Current weight: 331lbs. I am down 80 lbs I drink lots of water 64-100 oz a day Able to eat 2-3 oz depending on type of food. NO Dumping yet...I hope that lasts forever! No complications I joined the YMCA and hope to go tomorrow night. My exercise has been walking....and I am walking alot these days. It feels so good. I am happier! Debbie
Evelyn A.
on 9/9/04 6:00 am - Hayward, CA
Hi Everyone! First of all - CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!! Everyone seems to be doing well. I am doing ok (I think) Starting Weight (in March 2004) 324 lbs - (also my highest weight) Surgery Day - 307 lbs (June 24, 2004) Current as of this morning - 09/09/04 - 266 lbs. Total loss so far - 58lbs Woohoo - so excited!!! Starting to weed out some of my big clothes. Getting lots of compliments too. Dumped once - that was enough (no courage to even think of trying sugar yet) Hair loss - none yet - hope it won't be too bad - already thin on top. Good luck to all in your wonderful journey!!!! Evelyn In California
Jamgirlie
on 9/10/04 3:22 am - Americus, GA
Start Weight: 240 Surgery Date: June 1st Current Weight 188 -52 Goal:130 I don't drink enough water obviously reading all the other responses, but I work out quite a bit. Every Day 30 minutes on the treadmill 12 on bicycle. Weight training on mon, wed, fri, and pilates class on tues and thursday..plus swimming when I feel like it. The one thing I am dissapointed about is. I was wearing 22/24 before the surgery..about to not be able to and it was sweat pants. Now I'm only in a size 21..juniors..and to have lost 52 you would think the sizes would be down more but i'm only 5'3.. Anyways..no complications..was very sick on pasta or rice and I will not try breads...40 grams protein a day..when i work at it. Nice to hear your stories and know im not that far behind!...
Cherish M.
on 9/10/04 4:49 am - Franklin, LA
Hi all June 9th was my lap rny start weight 218 current weight 175 total loss in 3 months....-43 lbs I am kind of bummed. I havent really lost but 2 lbs in the last month. but its my fault...no walking...little to no water. What is wrong with me...why am I afraid to be thin?????????? Every morning I get up with the good intensions of doing my WATP tapes and end up sitting thru the news ...and never walking a step/ I need major motivation from so one... cherish-Louisiana
MzH
on 9/12/04 11:36 pm - LOSERLAND, MD
Hi Cherish, You started off at my starting weight. Don't be too hard on yourself. I understand that as "lightweights" we will lose a little slower. You do need to get tha****er in though. How's the protein going? let's motivate each other. Remember, it's never too late all day long to put in a tape and walk. Hannah
amy_gage
on 9/11/04 1:18 pm - Flower Mound, Tx
Hi all. My name is Amy and I am new to the site. I have found it very encouraging and I find myself checking it all the time. start weight 321 surgery date June 28 RNY open I am down 53 as of this morning 9/11 I am doing fine with the protein (getting a little tired of it) and doing well getting my water in thank God for Crystal Light I too avoid sugar. I think I have only dumped 3 times I have yet to be hungry, but I can feel when I need to eat. Thanks to all who have posted this is great!!!
mm3125
on 9/13/04 2:12 am - McCammon, Id
Start weight: 278 Now: 225 Walk 1.5 miles in mountains 6 days a week. Have had trouble with vomiting and don't really eat much. Any day I don't throw up is a good day!! Still can't keep vitamins down. Drinking 60+ oz of liquid a day! Marian
KissDallas
on 9/13/04 4:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
I honestly dont know how much I've lost at this point, I need to stop being a chicken and get on the scale....I'm scared to see the numbers, I dont wanna be disappointed..... I know I've gone from a size 28+ (I was squeezing in to them), and now my 24's are baggy, so I'm about a size 22...... *reminder to self.....get ur booty on the scale!!!
timsmith4441
on 9/13/04 4:54 am - Omaha, NE
Start Weight: 355 Todays Weight: 275 Pounds down to date: 85 Laporscopic RYN: June 24, 2004 I am doing great. This surgery has saved my life!
Nancy B.
on 9/13/04 12:09 pm - Savannah, GA
I had RNY open on 6/4/04. I am down a total of 54 lbs. from my preop weight. I was worried that I was not doing so well, but I now feel better as most of my fellow June bugs are about the same. I need to do better about my fluid intake, but overall, things are going great. I have never experienced any dumping. I just don't have much desire to eat my evening meal as it tends to feel heavy on my stomach. I have gone from a size 24 to a size 18. Best wishes to all!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views