any one a little down after surgery ?

Allyson H.
on 9/1/04 1:12 am - San Jose, ca
I think I might be a little depresed after surgery I have hear it can happen how about you ? allyson
KissDallas
on 9/1/04 2:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
a few days after surgery I was very depressed, sitting in the dark cryin my eyes out, but since I started really losing the blues are slowly leaving.
bubbleboo K.
on 9/1/04 8:50 am - anywhere, OK
I had a few a blue days in the begining. I even cried when my family ate. I think it was just part of the adjustment. If you feel depressed talk to your pcp about it. Good luck.
Sharon A.
on 9/2/04 10:23 am - Warren, MI
The first couple of weeks I kept asking myself why I did this but as the weight has come off I know it was the right thing. It is just such a big change and food was such a big part of my life. I know though that without the surgery I would have died in the not too distant future. I have had some complications recently and have made me think again if I did the right thing....but I know that I did as I can now walk again and before the surgery the walk from the car to the house was toooooo long. If depression keeps up talk to someone, antidepressants can help and there is nothing wrong with getting some help.
Medora B.
on 9/2/04 11:18 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Allyson, I've been depressed since about 4 weeks after surgery (I had mine 6/28/04), have tried increasing my Paxil but don't think the increase is helping. I'm also very tired all the time...strange, because the first few weeks after surgery I had this wonderful energy! Guess every "body"s different. I'm going to hang in there, keep drinking my protein shakes and taking my vitamins, and pray, that "this, too, shall pass" and the energy will return. Good luck, Medora
Ivy P.
on 9/3/04 1:33 am - Greenwood, SC
I am having a terrible time with depression. I am having a difficult time adapting to the changes in my life. I have been back in the hospital 3x with dehydration. I am getting rid of more than taking in, I have 2 ulcers in my new stomach. My husband is leaving town and I still love him. He never wanted me to have the surgery so he has not been there for me! Now when he sees that I am so sick he throws up in my face that I should not have had the surgery. He states that since I am losing so much weight that I want have trouble finding someone else. I do not want someone else I want him! Ivy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views