IT's Sept! JuneBugs-- How R U Doin?

Barb S.
on 9/2/04 2:12 pm - San Antonio, TX
Surgery date June 8 2004 - no complications Lap RNY, San Antonio, Dr. Stegemann Lost 54 pounds (I always worry that it's not coming off fast enough) and am most proud of losing 59.75 overall inches Went from 3X/26 to one size 12 (!!!), 3 size 14, and 16/18s Wearing pants for the first time since 1978! Two weeks ago size 22 pants fit - now they're getting b-i-g! All my weight now is in my hips, butt, calves and ankles. Protein - don't know. Probably not enough as I'm only eating about four bites at lunch/dinner. Usually not hungry at breakfast but if I am I'll have a 1/2 pre-cooked sausage link. Liquids - boy this is a hard one! 48-60 oz each day. I know more will help but I just can't seem to find the hours in the day to drink. Workout: At least 4x a week - 30 mins cardio rotating treadmill, Precore, recumbant bike, gazelle each session; then alternating pilates (with big ball) floor exercises with machines and free weights. Hair not falling out yet (I'm one week from 3 months) but dreading when it begins. I'm also taking biotin and using the Nioxin lift stuff to make it appear that my hair is thicker. My biggest win lately is fitting into any chair I've recently tried, and walking through restaurants crowded with chairs and walking between them without turning sideways!
marypoco
on 9/4/04 10:40 am - amherst, MA
Hello Junebugs! I'm down about 50 lbs! I try to get my walking but, I must admit I've been slacking lately, but, I will get back on track! I try to get my water intake in. It seems thats all I do is eat and drink protein, wise I eat my yogurts, my cheese, and my meats first before anything else. so I guess I'm doing o.k. with that I also make sure I take my vitamins everyday!! what I've learned since wls??? I learned just how out of shape I really was!! I can't believe the energy I have to do things that I would have never been able to do without the surgery.. simply things like WALKING!!! AND the biggest HURDLES????? getting used to such smaller amounts! sometimes still my eyes are way bigger than my stomach!! wtg everyone on your weightloss ~Mary
Becky F
on 9/6/04 3:44 am - Woodstock, GA
~~your weight loss....48 lbs ~~what kind of exercise are you doing and how often....I walk about seven miles a day ~~How Much Water/fluid are you getting in...40-50 oz. ~~How much protein.....70-80 oz. ~~Best thing that you have learned since your WLS...I am not a delicate flower...still pretty tough. For a while, everytime, I over-exerted myself, I thought I had injured my insides. ~~Biggest hurdle that you are dealing with as we get into month #3...I am always tired.
Dhodges
on 9/14/04 11:20 am - Bakersfield, CA
Hi to all, I have lost 52# since open RNY 6-2-04. I don't get in enough protein, and I could use some more water. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Best thing is smaller clothes and I can walk without resting. Biggest hurdle is the protein, any suggestions??? Deb 240/188
Dhodges
on 9/14/04 11:20 am - Bakersfield, CA
Hi to all, I have lost 52# since open RNY 6-2-04. I don't get in enough protein, and I could use some more water. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Best thing is smaller clothes and I can walk without resting. Biggest hurdle is the protein, any suggestions??? Deb 240/188
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views