IT's Sept! JuneBugs-- How R U Doin?

joansmith8335
on 9/1/04 8:12 am - Stockton, CA
Hi, I had my RNY proximal on June 8, 2004. I am down to 248# from 287#. A total of 39# and 26 inches... I just saw my PCP and he stopped my blood pressure medications and potassium. He is pleased with the rate of my wt loss, although I'm a little impatient. I have a 2 year old son and he is providing me with my exercise, obviously not enough at this point but there aren't enough hours in the day.... I am taking approximately 60 ounces of fluid each day.
bubbleboo K.
on 9/1/04 8:47 am - anywhere, OK
I am down 45 lbs. and lot's of inches. I exercise 5 days a week at curves and will add walking on the weekends. I usually get in 80 or more oz of liquids daily, and between 70 and 85 g of protein. My biggest hurdle is that I feel like I am not losing enough, but I also know I have always been slow at losing. It is just the way my body works. My pcp is very please with my progress and thinks the slower pace is better. He says my skin may no hang so loose losing a bit slower. I have dropped from a 24 pant to a loose 20, soon to be an 18 and from a 22 top to an 18. My bras are too big, gonna have to buy some soon. Bought new under pants, the others were falling off of me. I feel great, have tons of energy and can go all day without blinking an eye. Use to I would have to rest during the day. Oh yeah, I am no longer morbidly obese, just severely obese. Who'd of thunk severely would be a good thing!
Lisa F.
on 9/1/04 12:59 pm - rochester, MN
Hi. I see that there are a few more people posted who had surgery on June 21st. I am down 45 pounds My only exercise is walking 3-4 times per week (am going to go buy an elliptical machine. Any suggestions?) I still struggle to get in all of my fluids and protein. I love the new Carb Well bars by Post. 10 grams of protein per bar. Cannot tolerate any of the protein drinks I have tried so far. Don't even like the low carb milk. I am down 3 sizes and feel so energetic. Need to funnel that energy toward exercise as my weight loss has slowed down. Some foods are still a challenge. Seems like everyday is a new "experience in eating". Thanks for the post. Lisa
Jer B.
on 9/1/04 1:18 pm - Blaine, MO
-70lbs Walking 2 miles per day 6 days a week 48oz - need to try Crystal Light 80gms - Isopure is a lifesaver! Food isn't as important as it used to be for me. Not enough water & FEAR of not losing! 13 weeks tomorrow...I'm debating on weighing tomorrow am. What if I'm still at 285? It's a very scary thought....
dcox94
on 9/1/04 1:34 pm - North Wilmington, DE
Here is an update on my progress. Surgery was June 21st... ~~weightloss.... Down 75 lbs. ~~what kind of exercise are you doing and how often......Walking 2-3x's week ~~How Much Water/fluid aer you getting in between 64-80 oz ~~How much protein..... between 60 to 80 (thank you Nectar for the boost!) ~~Best thing that you have learned since your WLS ( it can be anything) I have learned that I don't need food to be liked. We don't have to do the restaurants all the time, we can do other things and its okay. ~~Biggest hurdle that you are dealing with as we get into month #3 Introducing foods into my diet. I hesitate to enter too many new foods. I have been doing lots of cottage cheese. It works.... This was a great post. Thanks
Kathy B.
on 9/1/04 4:43 pm - Folsom, CA
Hi, Down 79 pounds Don't exercise much due to a knee injury 3 weeks ago 50 or so oz- Thank God I am now able to drink water again. 70 grams in protein drinks and plus between 10-15 in food. That I am capable of doing this although it has been in no way an easy way out. Getting in all of my protein and liquid. I have had a difficult time finding a protein drink that I like and can tolerate. Most of the protein bars have to many carbs or something in them that sends my blood sugar soaring. Kathy
suemeister2773
on 9/1/04 11:13 pm - holly springs, NC
Hello fellow junebugs i am doing good ---So far i have lost 75 pounds. ----I am going t o the gym approx 3 times a week, i try for more but life is buxy, ------i love crystal lite and sip on it all day probably do 60 or more ounces. ------------ For protein I aim for 70, i probably get at least 50. -Best thing i learned so far is i like getting dressed in the morning now, and finding an outfit i like rather than just one than fits me. -- -Biggest hurdle, is trying to tell myself that i like going to the gym. it doesnt thrill me yet, and i know it is vital for the wt loss and success. Jamie in boston
Sharon A.
on 9/2/04 10:18 am - Warren, MI
11 weeks and down 114 lbs. Worry it is coming off too fast but don't want it to slow down. Getting my liquid through water and some decaf tea. Protein says need 60 and have a hard time with it as most drinks are way too sweet. Any suggestions? Have had problems with vomiting and feeling as if I'm choking. Haven't had to take any insulin since I've been out of the hospital. Need to excercise more but am still very tired but do more every day. was a scale ***** but now only weigh in on Mon and Thurs. Sometimes really miss food but am still happy with the way things are going even with some complications
Tracey L.
on 9/2/04 10:20 am - Lakebay, WA
I haven't weighed this week....but was down 54# last Saturday. I drink 3 protien shakes with alot of ice and water added....so I get in probably 50-60 oz of water. I don't exercise....a lifetime history of hating it, but I did buy walking shoes and I'm mentally gearing up to start. I always think I'm a slow loser, but I see we are all close to the same loses and time frames.....maybe I'm just average and IMPATIENT!!!
Trier S.
on 9/2/04 1:51 pm - Bakersfield, CA
~~I have lost about 70 pounds. ~~I go to Curves 3x a week, and walk the track with my students ~~I am getting in about 60 ounces a day between water, protein shakes, and Snapple. ~~Yikes - my trouble area. About 40 on good days. ~~Clothes fit again, and my butt fits in chairs! ~~Getting in enough protein. Trier 397/327/190
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views