My first day here!

Donna E.
on 8/28/04 12:15 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi to all, I am new to the group as of today. I have been reading about all of you. And boy do I feel better, some are losing more and some are losing less, but we are all LOSING! I thought it was going too slow too, but I think maybe it is the nature of the beast. It seems slow to me because it is all I think about. I have lost 40.5 # My WLS was 6-7-04 in Phoenix at the Barix Clinic. I had a great experience there and the support is great. But I think this is better. I can check in daily or whatever I need for the moral. I was having trouble with eating too fast and not enough. But it sounds like that is par for the course. I have been better recently and the weight is moving again. I look forward to hearing from you! Donna E.
MzH
on 8/28/04 7:04 pm - LOSERLAND, MD
Welcome Donna, CONGRATS on the Weight LOSS! You are doing GREAT! I love this group! We've always got something going on haven't we? I always check the board before I panic about anything and there are several people to reassure me. We will enjoy having your input too. H
Donna E.
on 8/29/04 5:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I am sure I will learn so much from all of you. Hopefully I will pass a few pearls of wisdom along the way! Keep on track. Donna E
B.J.
on 8/28/04 10:12 pm - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Hi Donna, Welcome aboard! We're all in this together . . . and I'm finding that it is reassuring to sign on and vent when I need to . . . because I am learning from others' successes and experiences. When I thought I was losing to slowly (or eating too much), I wrote about it and found out that my experience was actually more typical of everyone else's than I had thought. I just came off a 3-week mini-plateau where the scale didn't budge . . . but this past week it's been moving down again, thankfully. -BJ 300/246/t-day 228?/150 eventually??!!
Donna E.
on 8/29/04 6:02 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thnak you for taking the time to write. You are right this would be a good place to vent! You all totally understand. Congrats on going off your plateau. I know even 3-4 days makes me crazy. I am sure I will have much longer ones. Today I weighed 231 so we are about the same weight. My goal is 135-140 but I will wait and see how I look. Donna E.
bubbleboo K.
on 8/29/04 12:54 am - anywhere, OK
Welcome! I am also a "slow" loser. Not slow when I compare against diets i have been on and only lost 20 lbs in 4 months. To date I have lost 44 with the last 4 coming off this past week. This is a process that each of us has to learn and we are all different so what works for one of us mayl not work for the someone else. You are doing great.
Donna E.
on 8/29/04 6:07 am - Phoenix, AZ
Boy are you right about that! At least I am not starving to death and only loosing a pound a week. I just keep reminding myself of that. Also that this is all still so new to me and my new inards. I an sure as time passes, I will get the routine down. I am trying to not compare, but it is human nature. On we go! Thanks for writiing, Donna E.
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/04 1:49 am - Middleboro, MA
Hi Donna !! Welcome, welcome... You have just made one of the best choices of web sites, if I have to say it !! I feel a little repiticious (sp.)sometimes, but it is a wonderful place to be and so comforting, when we need support !! Everyone on board has had the same experiences, relatively !! A common denominator of this website is to support your wt. loss journey whether it is slow or fast or "not at all" !! Especially, not at all, a lot of us are plateauing which is very TOUGH, I know !! I have been there and it isn't fun.. But, ya know what, I finally decided, if I am doing all I can then there isn't anything else for me to do but Hang in there !! And that's what I just had to do these past 3 wks... New people help us too,believe it ir not !! If we can help new people coming on line, it is helping us, too !! I only came on line just before my surgery, June 1st. so I'm not that old myself on this website, but I am having the time of my life, and I feel like I've made the best decision I made for myself in years !! So, once again, glad to meet you on line and jump in anytime you have the need for questions or just want to say Hi.. Have a wonderful day, Joanne
Donna E.
on 8/29/04 6:13 am - Phoenix, AZ
I really appreciate all the words of encouragement, thanks, I did look around online and decided to join obesity help. Also, I was shopping yesterday and heard a lady talking about WLS. After she finished with her friend, I went over and introduced myself to her and said I had overheard her talking about her surgery. We talked for a while, she is the one *****commended this site. I am sure happy to have found it...I am looking forward to all my new online friends. Donna E.
Nancy M.
on 8/30/04 1:28 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
Welcome! Nancy Lap RNY: 6-21-04 310/270/122
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views