Stopped losing!!!!!!

naillady54
on 8/26/04 5:50 am - Cookeville, TN
For the last two weeks my scales have not moved.....This is really driving me nuts..I keep eating what my doctor tells me to, all the prortein and water I can get in and it's still not doing a thing. I have tried walking more, but with my knees, it just hurts...I am 7 weeks out and have lost 54lbs, but like everyone else just wi**** would come off faster. I would really like to be down 50 more lbs by Thanksgiving so I can surprise my sister with my new look... Does anyone have any ideas??? HELP Karen naillady54 RNY 6-30-04 286lbs/232lbs
krystaleyes_1999
on 8/26/04 6:23 am - Ft Leavenworth, KS
I say you are doing pretty darn good! I had surgery the same day as you and weighed 325 when i started and i am only down 44lbs. please share with me what you are eating, how often, and such. ~Amanda 325/281/150
Celena R.
on 8/26/04 8:45 am - bronx, NY
I think your right on track I had my surgery on June 9th and lost 45lbs in almost 3mths you have to be patient!!
MzH
on 8/26/04 9:41 am - LOSERLAND, MD
Karen, You are doing GREAT! I had the scale sit on the same number for 3 weeks and then all of a sudden I lost 4 pounds one day and 3 the next. Go figure! I would suggest that you drink more water. My loss comes right after an increase in water or protein. I'm down 54 pounds so far. H
Lpaekc
on 8/26/04 1:18 pm - Montague, MI
Hi Karen, Maybe try finding a pool that has some classes in your area. Its much easier on your back and knees to work out in the water. But really sounds like you are doing awsome!
suemeister2773
on 8/26/04 10:43 pm - holly springs, NC
hello karen, Have youtied any swimming exercise classes. for me it helped becuase i burned of fmore calories but it didnt bother my knee. I hated to get into the bathing suit but once in the water it wasnt so bad and i like seeing the scale move down two days later. jamie
naillady54
on 8/27/04 3:52 am - Cookeville, TN
Thank you all for answering my question. I will try the swimming, maybe at the "Y" until I can talk hubbie into a pool. HaHa..Well, we can always dream, can't we???? Since I wrote yesterday the scale finally moved and I am two pounds lighter. So that's a start again... I will just have to work harder.And keep getting my water....Thanks again and if I can help with anything let me know. Karen RNY6-30-04 286lbs/230lbs
Pamela Danford
on 8/28/04 10:01 am - AL
Hi Karen You where lossing inches when you where not lossing weight.Measure your self and when you stop lossing measure and you will see the inches drop off.Your body is just ajusting to the weight lose. Pamela306lbs./266lbs.
(deactivated member)
on 8/27/04 10:33 am - Middleboro, MA
Hi Karen, Just HANG IN THERE !! We are all going thru the same thing !! My scale doesn't move too rapidly either.. All I know is these plateaus are for the birds !! As long as I am doing all the right things, I can't do anymore than that.. Our bodies are just re-adjusting..
Phyllis S.
on 8/27/04 12:50 pm - Cleveland, MN
Hi!! I had my surgery 6-9-04; and am down 50#. The way I have been loosing is I stay the same, stay the same, and then after a week or so.. the scale goes down 3 or 4# all at once!! At first I worried, but now I decided my body is fighting back... and hangs on to those fat cells!!! I have a heel of a foot that gives me fits...as well as a knee that fights me too! I was walking 3 miles a day... but now I have returned to work; and I am on my feet at work; so I joined a health club. I excercise 3 times a week with weights and find that riding a stationery bike builds up my knees, as do the weights, I think!! Anyway, the knee feels great now, but the heel is still fighting back!! Anyway!! Isn't it a wonderful thing?? To have had this surgery?? Phylli RNY 6-09-04 292/240
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views