New to this Board

Lpaekc
on 8/24/04 11:37 pm - Montague, MI
Hi Everyone, My name is Patti. Im from Montague Michigan. I'm down 80 pounds and this is 12 weeks out for me. I still have a VERY long way to go. Can't really see the weight loss yet, but I'm feeling much better. Still can't eat meat or bread that sucks. I don't dump on sugar either and that really sucks it means I have to be very careful and pay attention! I had surgery at MMPC Dr. Baker, it was done LAP. I try to workout at the pool as much as I can. Land exercise is still pretty hard to do, I can walk better but it is still hard my legs go num after a short time. I also still have self esteem issues of not wanting to be seen in public and it keeps me from going out like I need to. I've been on the MI board but I thought maybe it would be nice to see how people in my same time frame are doing. Patti, in MI
mssgrnspc1972
on 8/25/04 1:19 am - Killeen, TX
Patti, Congratulations you are doing wonderful. I wish I would be half way where you are. I have lost -36 lbs. You are doing very well. Continue to strive and you will reach your goal. Good Luck and God Bless! Tasha
bubbleboo K.
on 8/25/04 11:46 am - anywhere, OK
Welcome! Wow, 80 lbs. is awesome. You are doing great. I try to check into this board everyday. Wishing you continued success.
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/04 12:43 am - Middleboro, MA
Hi Patti, welcome welcome !! This web site is the best along with the "over 50" web site which also is great !! Everyone here has great spirit and it is very uplifting.. If you ever feel down, especially, we are here to help pick you up.. You are doing great, keep up the good work !! I know I had the same walking problems as you.. I promise it does get better. My legs and feet hurt so bad.. And only those of us on-line know what you mean when you say, it is hard to walk.. Join the club !! My back is also gone, but you know what, it is better since I lost 70lbs.. I can't believe how good I feel.. I could "scream" it from the top of my lungs !! And you will too !! So, if you have any questions or just want to get in here to say "hello", that's is OK too !! Have a great day, I am so happy I did this surgery and I know all of us on here feel the same way.. Big Hugs, Joanne
JJ J.
on 8/26/04 4:49 am - Ipswich, MA
Welcome Patti! Congrats on your 80 pound loss! You are doing great. Everyone on this board is great. You'll really enjoy the atmosphere. The best thing about this board is that we are all in the same boat. We speak very frankly and are very supportive of each other. Welcome! - Jackie
dcox94
on 8/27/04 6:39 pm - North Wilmington, DE
Patti, Welcome to the board! Gosh 80 pounds is a great achievement in 12 weeks. You must feel really good about this accomplishment. You are only 20 lbs away from the Century Club. I can't wait to get there. Pool exercise sounds like fun. I need to get regular with exercise. I have not gone near sugar yet....I don't want to know I can eat it. Hopefully after more weight comes off walking gets easier for you. I had surgery on 21 June and I am 336 lbs today. I started at 411lb right before surgery. The heaviest was in January 2004 when I weighed 425 lbs. I felt bad then. Good luck with your journey. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views