The scale finally MOVED!!!

B.J.
on 8/23/04 9:45 pm - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Hi everyone . . . I am coming off of a 3-week mini-plateau of some sorts. That scale didn't budge that entire time, and I was becoming more and more depressed. The past couple of days, though, I finally dropped 5 lbs total and have reached my first goal -- in the half-century club this morning having lost 50 lbs. total in 8 weeks. I can't wait for the kids to get back to school next week so I can start my morning walking regimen, hopefully that extra bit of exercise will make a difference. My surgeon told me to expect 5-10 lb. losses each month after the first two months . . . so things are definitely going to slow down for me. I need to stay positive and not freak out like I am failing (which is something I spent the past 3 weeks beating myself up about!). -BJ in Annapolis, MD 300/250!!!/150???
Lpaekc
on 8/24/04 11:16 pm - Montague, MI
Hey BJ, You're doing great! Isn't it funny how we think 10 pounds a month is slow LOL its going and that is what counts! Keep moving thats the key!
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/04 12:53 am - Middleboro, MA
Hi Barbara, I have been doing the same thing, getting stuck with the scale moving at a snail's pace !! The wt. loss of 5-10 lbs. is where I am at.. It's a "bugger" !! I kept telling myself "what am I doing wrong" ?? Finally the scale has gone down to 219 and I'm thrilled.. It's only one lb. but I have been trying to get under 220 for two weeks !! I look at it this way, the scale is either staying about the same or it is going down.. It sure beats going "UP" !! I am going to try doing more liquids, like chicken soup etc.. Maybe that will also get my metabolism moving too.. So, good luck and hang in there.. Have a great day !! Joanne
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/04 1:57 am - Middleboro, MA
Hi Barbara, I just had to get in here to see how you are doing !! My goals seem to be the same as yours.. I just got off my plateau and I finally got under 220... This morning I was 217, yahooo !! I was 292 when I started and my goal is 150 lbs. too !! I hope I am being realistic.. I am only 5' 4" tall, at my age I just don't want to lose anymore than that.. I figure 142 lbs. is wonderful for anybody.. I see your plateau finally broke too. I hope all is going well for you, keep in touch.. Joanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views