**Are people noticing?? When??***

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/04 8:21 am
I've had okay weight loss so far, as I started out a "lightweight" (hard to conceive that this term has ever applied to me). I'm pleased and all, but I would be more pleased if I were one of those people who could say that they lost 50 pounds by 2 months. From recent posts on this board, I know I'm not alone in being in the slow weight loss lane. Clothes are looser and all, but I haven't been shopping yet for new ones, as I don't want to spend the money. So when do people start noticing/commenting that you're losing weight? Or do they see that I'm losing weight but nobody is saying anything? (Maybe they think I have cancer or something?) It would be nice if someone noticed and said something, I think. Do you think it's a certain number of pounds before people start saying anything?
MzH
on 8/23/04 8:51 am - LOSERLAND, MD
Eloise, People started noticing my face, wrists and hands after 20 pounds but the talking really didn't begin until I started wearing smaller clothes. It seems that my old too big clothes added 40 pounds. My kids brought that to my attention. Some people would be a little afraid to rave thinking we might have our feelings hurt that they noticed we were soooo big. I'm aware that like me, you are a "lightweight". My girlfriend said she kept quiet to spare my feelings instead of saying you look sooooo much better. You never know what people are thinking. I find that when I notice the energy I now have and strangers speaking to me instead of ignoring me. Men wanting to pump my gas, hold doors for me, and truck drivers honking at me and such. (why wasn't I worthy BEFORE?) I don't care if they all notice or comment anymore because I realize that I have come a long ways towards a healthy happier me. H
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/04 12:15 pm
KissDallas
on 8/24/04 12:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
people have asked, was I shrinking? and someone asked me was I gettin "skinny" on him, and that was around -35lbs, so people are reallt noticing now, its been about 9 weeks, and I'm about -40 so I guess I'm doing pretty good, my clothes are definitely more loose
Lpaekc
on 8/24/04 11:22 pm - Montague, MI
Hi Eloise, I think everyone carries the weight differently so we just have to measure ourselves and know that we are getting there, supporting each other as much as we can. You aren't alone wishing things would start showing up! I'm down 80 pounds and still there is not much to notice. I started out at 424 so I have a long way to go before it is noticable, I'm thinking about another 80 pounds. : ( But still I have a 4 year old and I would have to carry around 2 kids his size to weight what I did in June! That seems like a lot even though you can't see it.
suemeister2773
on 8/25/04 1:10 am - holly springs, NC
hello i went back to workthis weekend and was amazed athow many people noticed the wieght loss on me. I am doing good, down 70 pounds in 11 weeks. i would have to lift my 6 and 1 year old at the smae time. When i look at the wieght in this way i feel like it is alot of wieght. but when i look at myself it doesnt seem like that much. I keep trying and amzingly enough its coming off, which is more than i could say for the past 15 years of my life. so keep your head up and smile at yourself. you deserve it, because it isnt easy even though we had surgery, llike some people think, we still have to work at it each day. jamie
Phyllis S.
on 8/27/04 1:09 pm - Cleveland, MN
Patti!! Wow!! I know I can't beleive how different I am now!! More self confident, and I feel "normal"!! I went sliding at the park yesterday with my grand daughter!! and ran and Laughed with her!!I find myself some times getting scared that the weight will come back! Lord help me!! Compliments are nice, but knowing there is weight loss there is better!! I looked at a 5 sugar bags the other day; and thought "that is what I had to carry extra in life!" There is no way I could lift 50# of sugar and carry it all at one time!! I sure wish that I would loose faster too.... I still look best in 2xl & can fit into all my old pants. They are baggy around the legs, but my belly is still fluff!! Phylli 292/240 RNY 6-9-04
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/04 12:26 am
I always think of bags of kitty litter, which come in heavy 20 pound bags which I HATE to carry up the stairs. That helps me feel better about the weight loss, though it's still slow.
B.J.
on 8/29/04 3:40 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
LOL Eloise, you just reminded me of something I did last week. We have three BIG dogs (labrador retrievers) and it's economical to buy their dog food in the biggest bags possible. I had to tote a 44-lb. bag of dog food up our entry stairs last weekend, and I thought I was gonna die, I could barely get my legs to support the weight of me plus that extra 44-lbs. I was winded by the time I got all the way to the top, and I was using the railing to pull myself along up. Then my daughter reminded me that I'd lost about the same amount of weight as that big bag of dog food since my surgery. And I remembered that, prior to surgery, I was having to pull myself up the stairs using the railing, too! LOL. Now I can go up and down those babies several times a day . . . before, I was actually "grouping" my chores so I would only have to make one or two trips up or down the stairs. -BJ
sunflower
on 9/1/04 5:43 am - Dallas, TX
Trust me it is noticable to people when u lose weight. As for me, my I now have a neck and i dont look like a bull dog... I come to work and my pants are so baggy that they hang in the front.. But i m not going to buy clothes till they will not stay on me at all.. that is just to much.. I will probably go to a clothes exchange through the hospital where i had my surgery, or have my clothers altered... amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views