8 weeks out today

catly
on 8/18/04 1:01 am - Everett, WA
Hi, I am 8 weeks out today! I can't believe it. I remember being so scared before the surgery and then confused for a few days and then being home and finally being able to sleep in my own bed! I seem to be doing okay with the food side of things, though it seems that sometimes I can eat quite a bit of soft food, compared to more solid food that actually fills my pouch. I am unable to eat bread of any kind or anything else that hard or dry. I have had problems getting in the liquids and at first was not getting enough and my skin was really drying out. I finally figured out that if I take a swig of liquid into my mouth, and then swallow tiny swallows at a time, this seems to work better for me. Just this week I've been able to get more normal-sized swallows down. One of my greatest problems has been focusing on what I am doing at meal-time, without distractions. I'm constantly reacting to something on the radio or tv; petting the cats, or talking to someone and then I suddenly am in trouble for not chewing enough or swallowing too big a bite. I need to work on giving my meal-time full attention so I won't goof as much until this becomes more natural. I have lost 40 pounds and I know others have lost more than that, but I have not been as good about the exercise part of things mostly from being so tired whenever I exert myself much. I walked a lot over the weekend and did fine and was so proud of myself only to crash Sunday evening and sleep most of Monday away. It is hard for me to keep that up every day. I still need to work on this. One good thing I am proud of:I have left the 300's hopefully forever! Yea! Hope the rest of you are doing okay. I have a few down times, but mostly am doing fine. Thanks. LM
Melissa S
on 8/18/04 10:58 pm - Cool Ridge, WV
You are doing great! congratulations!! I have been walking 2 miles everyday and I have only lost 30 from sugery day. I am a little disgusted. I have been seeing people lose that the first month. I know I should compare but it just makes me sad.
Jamgirlie
on 8/19/04 3:19 am - Americus, GA
Don't give up. Some people's bodies are different than others. You sound very determined in your exercise. If you stay that way, the weight will come. My surgeon told me something yesterday that I think helps me not worrying about the #s. He said, "Don't worry about the weight #, worry about getting and staying healthy."
Allyson H.
on 8/27/04 3:23 pm - San Jose, ca
i feel just like you I had my wls on 6-30-04 and have only lost 33lb and most of it came off the frist 3 weeks sence then only 9 lb it is very slow but that still more than i could do on my own but it is very hard I have been walking 2 mil too and counting every bit of food and still the scale has not moveed in 3 weeksI fill kind of depressed but I have to keep it up to night I got into the food a little because I feel sorry for my self this is not good I will have to stop I am glad to see I am not the only one so that's now maybe I can stop befor I get in to the food . allyson
Pamela Danford
on 8/28/04 9:39 am - AL
Hi Courtney We had surgery on the same day.I am like you i have lost 40 and i am at a stand still but i am lossing inches. Please mesure your self and you will see you are lossing inches and soon you will start to lose weight again. Pamela
Chocolate D.
on 8/24/04 11:34 am - Houston, TX
I think you are doing GREAT I have also been exercising at least 3 days a week and doing tybo 2 days of the week. I have only lost 37 pounds, I get disgusted to at times because it just don't seem like I'm losing even though the scale is moving. I'm guessing I'm losing the weight all over instead on one area. Good luck to you
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views