:help: Post op cold/flu

Cherae K.
on 8/16/04 12:06 pm - Spokane, WA
Hey, this sounds gross, and so right off: I'm sorry!!! I have gotten the office cold/flu and have come across a very odd problem. My pouch fills up and fills full of nasal drippings. I'm too full to eat or drink anything because of my cold. I tried taking liquid cold medicine but it made me dump because of too much sugar, I tried taking pills but because my pouch was full with ...snot, it made me vomit. Anyone else been sick with a summer cold? Does anyone have any solutions? Again, sorry, this is an icky topic. Original weight: 310 current weight: 245 (down 10 clothes sizes!!!)
sandiantoytrain
on 8/17/04 11:22 am - Citrus Heights, CA
I have similar problems, although not as severe as you. I live in the Sacramento Valley where we have lots of allergens, and I have year round allergies and runny nose. I have lots of post-nasal drip, and if I don't cough up the excess mucus or blow my nose frequently, I feel like my pouch is filling up too. However, when I drink lots of water, it seems to thin the mucus. Some foods, like (slimey) shrimp or oily foods (like chicken skin) leave a slimy feel in my mouth & throat, and I can just feel that mucus (or snot) mixing with the slimeness of the food. Also, when I eat too fast, and I overeat, I can feel that snot coming up with the "overflow" (amount of food that I over-ate). It's almost funny, but the snot seems to lubricate my throat and helps get the excess food out easier. (Yea, I know, throwing up isn't really funny, but it helps remind me to eat S-L-O-W-L-Y) I do find that lots of water helps me. Maybe you can ask your drug store or pharmacy if any of the cold medicines are sugar free. If not, as your primary physician (or advice nurse) if they have any recommendations for a good sugar free cold medicine that you can take. --Sandi H. (Citrus Heights, Sacto County) Surgery by Dr. Leo Murphy - 6/03/04 (Pacific Bariatrics in San Diego) weighed 315 at orientation (May '03) -- BMI 60 252 at surgery --BMI 46.1 last weighed at 215.5 (8/14/04) -- BMI 40.6 sandiantoytrain @ yahoo . com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views