Water & Protein intake

Shelly G.
on 8/16/04 6:40 am - IL
I had my surgery on 6/25/04. I have gone from 297 to 260. I am having alot of problems getting enough water & protein. I am barely getting 20 oz of water in a day and hardly any protein. I have tried everything for protein (shakes, drinks, liquid protein) and I have a hard time keeping it down. I also have not been able to take any vitamins and they too make me sick to my stomach. I know I need to be doing these things but I just can't seem to make myself to them. I am also very tired by the end of my day so I haven't been getting much exercise. Has anyone else had this problem?!?!?
LIBRA2
on 8/16/04 11:19 am - Centerville, IN
My surgery was 6/10/04 and I began vomitting 7/9/04 and had extreme problems keeping much of anything down. My problem turned out to be a bad gall bladder which was removed 8/10/04. I returned to work this morning only to leave shortly as I was nauseous and vomitted several times when I made it home. A nurse and a doctor told me I will have trial and error for months to find foods that I can eat without this extreme nausea. I'm not saying this is your problem, but I am saying to contact your doctor and let them know what's happening. There can be many reasons for problems like this and you and your doctor need to track down what's going on with you. I wasted almost a month before seriously pursuing the cause and should not have. I too have little energy for exercise--just getting through the day seems to be an effort right now! My prayers are with you for finding what's wrong and getting back on the road to recovery!
Shelly G.
on 8/18/04 3:04 am - IL
Thanks Diana.......I truely hope that things get better for you as well, I will keep you in my prayers!! I have my doctors appt. on 9/7/04 so I will keep you guy's posted as to what he says. Take care of yourself!!
pammy624
on 8/18/04 12:41 am - staten island, NY
I am you! exactly what you said applies and this sucks! Not very happy with my decision yet... Pammy
Shelly G.
on 8/18/04 3:01 am - IL
Pammy I totally agree, this does suck, I know in the long run that it is going to be worth it, but right now it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Keep your head up ; ) Hopefully in another couple of weeks we can look back and think that we made the right decision. I will keep you in my prayers!! Keep in contact, if you can ; ) I haven't met that many people on here yet but everyone seems really nice & helpful!!! Shelly
Robin E.
on 8/18/04 11:30 am - Plainfield, CT
Hi, I was like the you. I started having awful pains and throwing up everytime I ate. I had no idea if this was normal for 5 weeks out. I finally gave in and called the Drs. office and was told I had symptoms of a stricture. I went in for the dilitation and they also found a ulcer, so they couldn't dilate the stricture until the ulcer heals up alittle. I am currently eating only pureed foods. It looks awful, but it fills me up. I go back on 9/7 to try opening up the stricture. Please call your Dr. don't suffer needlessly. Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views