I need to be fussed at...

Yes Its Me
on 8/21/04 11:58 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Sheryl, I think a lot of us are in this predicament and here's what I've done to curb the overeating: as soon as felt like eating, I'd grab a bottle of water or (decaf) tea, crystal light etc and just sip sip sip the whole time. Once my stomach would recognize I keep putting stuff in, even though it was liquids, the hunger started disappearing. Not sure if this works for everyone, probably not, but it's worth a try. I have also pretty much shocked myself when I would sit down to eat, and realize that some people can barely get two tablespoons of food in, and I can eat half a cup of refried beans and cheese and feel satisfied but NEVER full. I don't dump either, maybe because I dont overeat, or I just don't FEEL it when I do. Not sure. So I limit myself now, measure what I eat and get started on liquids when I get hungry and think I shouldnt be eating already.. again!!! It's not as easy as some people ( meaning the ones who are against WLS, who say we take the " easy way out" ) claim it to be. It's still a lifelong committment to a form of a diet. Good luck to you Andrea RNY 6-23-04 (334)305/268/140
Jer B.
on 8/22/04 7:03 am - Blaine, MO
Sheryl I don't want to worry you, but at your next Dr's appt I would mention if it's possible you had a staple line disruption. On my first surgery they just stapled my stomach smaller & it wasn't done properly & it came apart like a zipper & I was having the same thoughts you are having...check out my profile & you'll find the same doubts going on in my mind too! Jerry Open RNY 07/10/02 & 06/03/04 396>355>285>200 -70
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/04 8:11 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views