I need to be fussed at...

Sheryl H.
on 8/15/04 6:35 am - The Real Heart of Texas, TX
I am 7 weeks out and am eating way too much. I can eat two eggs and piece of ham and a packet of oatmeal for breakfast. At about 1:00 I can eat two Taco bell tacos....at about 6:oo I can eat baked fish and half an acorn squash. In between I eat pistacho nuts..about 20 for two snacks. I drink over 64 oz of water/crystal lite..etc. Have had no alcohol but do drink the occasional diet soda. Down 28 pounds and have just joined Curves to help with the plateau.....Here is the kicker.....I DO NOT DUMP !!! I ate an ice cream sandwich by mistake( thought it was one of my sugar free ones) and did not dump.. I can eat half a Scholtskies pastrami and swiss on rye without difficulty... in another setting have half a Pizza Hut personal pizza..and seem to not have trouble with bread at all in any form...albeit I have had little. Is this surgery not working for me ?? I am 50 years old and maybe a very slow loser but I do not seem to feel full as others do here on this site. Any help...and I know I'll get screamed at and deservedly so, will be appreciated. My surgeon only bypasses 10 cm of intestine..is that the problem ???? Regards..Sheryl H
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/04 8:57 am - SC
I cannot believe we are around the same time. I am 8 weeks out and still struggling with getting any food down. I really have to push myself. For breakfast I ate about a half of a protein bar and for lunch I almost finished it. I thought this was like a super sized meal for me right now. I am starting to wonder if I will ever be able to eat much at all. I can't get in near the protein I need and have tried all kinds of protein drinks. Unjury will be my last shot. I am ordering samples tomorrow. I wish I could eat some more. Everyone has different reactions. I will tell you this, you are definately getting more nutrition than me. Make sure you use it to your advantage and get all the important stuff in, especially calcium! Good luck!!! Good job on the 28 lbs!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/04 12:18 am - SC
Hey. I just talked to my friend who is 3 years post op and she said she cannot even eat that much...she said maybe you should check with your doctor and see if something is wrong. Maybe your pouch is too large?? Good luck!
B.J.
on 8/16/04 12:21 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Hi, I was just getting ready to start my own post about not dumping and/or feeling full . . . and then I read yours! I'm in the same boat, unfortunately. I feel like I can eat a lot more than other folks, so I am restricting myself to just 3 meals a day, no snacks, no grazing. And I'm going to start measuring my portions. Saturday was my birthday and I went out celebrating with friends, with warnings from my postop support group buddies that I would probably get sick if I drank alcohol. Not so at all. And I haven't dumped on anything else, either. Not that I want to spend all my time with my head in the toilet, you know . . . but I really wanted to have more restriction and a bit of dumping on my side. I mean, in reality, I feel like this is just another *diet* for me . . . and I've failed in all my other attempts to diet. Sigh. I'm going through a phase of self-doubt once more, those tapes in my head are telling me what a waste of time this surgery was and that I am a failure, and of course the feelings of failure make me wanna run to the fridge. I am losing, hit a plateau just last week that has me depressed, but today is the start of a new week and I'm trying to get back on track and get in more protein (unjury unflavored powder is good) and liquids, we'll see. Good luck! -BJ in Annapolis, MD lap RNY 6/29/04 300/255/150???
brittypie
on 8/16/04 4:46 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
I had surgery 7/1 and I feel the exact same way....all of the foods you mentioned and portions, I can eat as well. Sometimes I get full quicker than other times....but I know I can eat too much. I don't know how much has been bypassed, but I am starting to worry about this...I have no problems (hardly) with any foods I have tried. I have only lost 21 pounds. I can eat a 1/2 of a Subway wrap (Not Atkins---my own ingredients), onion, lettuce, tomato, g.peppers, cucumbers. I eat about a half of a can of Progresso soup...bigger than the normal size can. I can eat 1/2 of an omelette (IHOP) and a piece of toast. I have tried Pizza and could do about 3 pieces (small squares). I have eaten a whole Healthy Choice meal (turkey and mashed potatoes). I have tried wine (no problem). On Saturday I ate a whole sandwich (5 pcs. Healthy Choice Honey Ham and mustard on wheat bread)...it took about 60 minutes...but I did it. If you find anything out..please...please...please let me know!!!! Thanks!
Andre' D.
on 8/16/04 12:13 pm - Joplin, MO
I know I can eat more than I am suppose to and have been really worried about it. I hope someone can shed some light on all this. I haven't been dumping either. I ate a whole sandwich with ham, cheese and lettuce and tomato the other day waited thinking I would get sick and didn't in fact I still was hungery later, say 20 mins,. I as worried my pouch is too big also.; ???? hope someone has an answer.
Kathy S.
on 8/17/04 8:35 am - Rio Grande, NJ
I am 8 1/2 weeks post of and only eat 2 oz three times a day. A person in our support group eats six small meals. Why don't try this. Also go to fitday.com to figure out caloried, protein and fats.
PTOWN_GIRL
on 8/18/04 11:54 am - PORTSMOUTH, VA
Why Why Why are you eating some of those foods? I had my surgery on 06/09/04 and have lost 59 LBS I eat 3 times a day 2-4 oz depends on what I eat but it is low fat and nooooooooooooo sugar at all. A big trick is eating slow. Heck Sometimes my stomach gets a little crampy still. How much intestine that was bypassed does not have anything to do with how much food you are consuming I understand some surgeons make the pouches diff sizes, which may be the case for you however putting stuff like Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut in it will not help you. Don't get me wrong, because I did not have this surgery to count fat and calories for the rest of my life, I am trying different foods sometimes not the best ones either but its in very small moderation, stay away from sodas even if they are diet, the bubbles are not good for your stomach either, as far as alcohol... you may not want to mess with that eitherusually contains a lot of sugar good luck to you*Kristi
memaw23
on 8/21/04 3:24 am - Abbott, TX
Talk to your doctor. I have a list of foods that are allowed, and what you are eating is not allowed for several months. I am only allowed protien, (no beef or pork) and soft veggies and fruit, (no citrus) PROTIEN first. I know all docs are different. Your doc should be able to help you, remember (as I have been told numerous times) this is only a tool for us to use, and we didn't have brain surgery!!!! Good Luck, Bonnie
Sheryl H.
on 8/21/04 11:05 am - The Real Heart of Texas, TX
Hello..I am the original poster here. I have received a few emails that may be of benefit to those of us who are eating too much. Stop the sodas..the caffiene makes us hungry. This will be hardest for me as I enjoy the explosion of the bubbles on my tongue and roof of my mouth. Drinking the sodas was the only thing making me feel "normal". Stay away from the processed foods such as fast foods if at all possible. Eat slower.....eat slower...eat slower.....eat slower. I have taken to eating two eggs and a piece of ham at about 10:00am and then lunch at about 3:00 pm and then a light snack in the evening. I am still starving and I need to shrink my pouch some way if anyone knows how to do that. Thanks to each of you for your nice responses to this post. I wish I knew more how not to feel this is not working for me. I hope we all will get a grip on this before too late. Regards..SHeryl H
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views