Depression setting in

nanahelen
on 7/23/04 12:20 am - Kissimmee, FL
I had my surgery on June 23......I've lost a total of 17lbs.....I no I'm not suppose to go by what others lose but I gotta tell ya this really sux!I did start to walk this pass week so maybe that will kick start it.I read how well everyone but me seems to be doing and I just wanna crawel in bed and not get up....I'm at that stage where I'm saying what the hell did I do to myself......this too shall pass.
MzH
on 7/23/04 3:34 am - LOSERLAND, MD
AWWW Helen, {{{{HUGS}}}}} First, we are all different. Are you a lightweight? If so, there's your answer. At 3 weeks I had lost 15 lbs when my girlfriend who is not a "lightweight" lost 33 pounds in TWO WEEKS! My Doctor explained that with lighter losers it's a lot slower. He shocked me by saying he would have been pleased with 10 pounds the first month! I'm still thinking every now and then, what the hell did I do to myself but we have to look at the end result. A healthier, happier you! Email me if you want and I can give you a call to chat. Take care, and imagine the new you. H
krystaleyes_1999
on 7/24/04 3:47 am - Ft Leavenworth, KS
I know exactly how you feel. I had surgery June 30th and my scale has not moved in almost 2 weeks. ARRRG! people keep telling me to up my protien and water intake . i dont know how i am gonna get much more in there. i have already tried pushing it and i get sick to the point of throwing it back up. it is so frustrating. I go back to the doctor on the 3rd of Aug. and i am so afraid i have not lost anymore weight and he will be mad
Dhodges
on 7/27/04 11:53 am - Bakersfield, CA
I'm losing slow too... Only 33 lbs in almost 8 weeks. So we all are different! Deb RNY - open 6-2-04 238/210/205
Smile
on 7/28/04 3:23 am - Buffalo, MN
Come on you guys. Would you have been able to lose that weight by yourself? You're being too hard on yourself! I started at 240 the day of surgery (lost 19 before surgery) and I'm now down to 205. I couldn't be happier! That is a total of -54 pounds! I couldn't have done it by myself. I have had a lot of problems too, don't get me wrong, I have asked myself what the heck I have done to myself every day!! But I just try to look at the big picture....somedays it is REALLY hard, like yesterday. I still can't get my liquids in and I haven't even started my protein yet. About 4 weeks out I had a sticture and have been in the hospital about 4 times for dehydration. So those of you who have had a decent recovery should count your blessings. LeAnn
smithjl
on 8/2/04 5:54 am - Highland Village, TX
I had my surgery 6/21. I have lost 17 pounds also. I am exercising like crazy. I am a lightweight. It is easy to get discouraged when it seems like most people have lost 40-50 by this point. Nothing we can do about it though....other than stick to the plan. By the way... I still don't feel great! Jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views