A few post op questions ( one people might find offending)

strmybreeze
on 7/20/04 7:08 pm - North Grosvenordale, CT
I am 3 weeks post op. I am having a couple of strange things happen. #1: I am having a lot of dizzy spells. #2: I get the chills so bad about 3 times a day to the point of teeth chattering. I freaked my family out yesterday because I put on my WINTER COAT!!!!! How strange is that? #3: My Bowel movements are Yellow. I have tried to get in touch with my surgeon but he hasn't called me back yet. I don't feel bad just strange. I have lost 32 pounds in 3 weeks. Thanks for any help.
Nancy M.
on 7/20/04 9:38 pm - Mt. Jackson, VA
I am 4 weeks post op an can identify with some of your problems. I am diabetic and when my blood sugars drop I get cold. I had one dizzy spell and I just sat quietly and it went away. Don't really know what caused it. If it is happening a lot, it could mean your electrolytes are out of balance. My BM's were a strange color for a while but for the most part they are normal now that I am on solid food. Hope your doctor returns your call soon. If not, by all means call him back.
strmybreeze
on 7/21/04 6:05 pm - North Grosvenordale, CT
I am also diabetic but my blood sugars have been wonderful since the surgery. I am OFF ALL DIABETIC MEDS!! Thanks for help.
Mama Bear
on 7/20/04 10:25 pm - Dallas Area, TX
Does #1 or #2 occur after eating? #3 could result from what you're eating or could have something to do with your gall bladder. Do you still have one? RK
strmybreeze
on 7/21/04 6:09 pm - North Grosvenordale, CT
Yes #1 and #2 do occur after eating. When I saw my Dr a week ago he said my gall bladder was fine. I don't know what is going on. Sometime it feels really scarey. Thanks for your help.
JJ J.
on 7/21/04 11:09 pm - Ipswich, MA
Hello Debbie! The chills are from your rapid weight loss. I have the same problem. I was extremely concerned about it because before the surgery, I was always hot to the point of sweating. My doctor says the intense chills are because of speed at which my body is shedding weight. It's a shock to the system and that is how the body reacts. She also said that it will not always be a problem. When my weight slows down, so will the chills.
strmybreeze
on 7/27/04 8:56 am - North Grosvenordale, CT
I hope they are right. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. Thanks for you response.
Susan "Losin"
on 7/22/04 6:19 am - Parkersburg, WV
Hi Debbie!!! I am so glad that you wrote this...cause I have answers for you!!! 1. Chills are because you are losing your insulation!! Isn't that great?? You are losing weight and you will feel chilly for a while. 2. Dizzy spells? I get them when my sinuses are out of whack. It could also be your blood pressure. 3. Pale stools are a sign of malabsorption. This means that you are eating more protein than anything else...and most of them are probably dairy related. Once you start adding veggies and fruit..that should change....also be sure to take your vitamin 2 times a day...that will also give you nutrients. Malabsorption is not a gall bladder thing...it's a liver thing. Don't worry because it's a sign that you are losing cholesterol from the liver. Good luck!!! Susan
strmybreeze
on 7/27/04 8:59 am - North Grosvenordale, CT
Thank you Susan. I appreciate your help. I go see the Dr tomorrow and I feel better about it since I have heard from all of you. Thanks again.
Susan "Losin"
on 7/27/04 10:03 am - Parkersburg, WV
Debbie, I was jsut at my 1 month check up and I asked about pale stools too. Mine have gone pale too. They told me that since we are eating mostly protein that we will have baby colored stools for a while. Good luck!! Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views