post op update

bubbleboo K.
on 7/20/04 12:23 am - anywhere, OK
It has been 5 weeks and some days and I am doing well. I have some difficulty eating meats, they just don't always go down and then I have not choice but to bring them back up. YUK! Fortunatly this has only happened a handful of times. I am now losing weight at a steady pace, about 1/2 lb a day, but did manage to lose a whole lbs. between yesteday and this morning. I try to weigh just once a day, but the scale sometimes calls my name. It is stationed in one of our bathrooms, so I try to avoid that one except first thing in the morning. I have also, semi-dumped twice, once on banana and then last night on some bbq sauce. I was really nauseated and felt bad for about 30 min. At least no vomiting, allthough I did heave twice on the bbq sauce. This is such a learning experience, each day is different, but the results are gratifying. Good luck to all of you.
Nancy M.
on 7/20/04 9:46 pm - Mt. Jackson, VA
Sounds like you are doing great. I only weigh now when I go to the doctor because I don't have an accurate pair of scales at home. Probably when I go back to work, I will hear the scales calling my name. I work in a poultry processing plant as a USDA inspector. There are plenty of floor scales in several locations in the plant.
dcox94
on 7/21/04 2:44 am - North Wilmington, DE
I made the mistake of going out and buying one since I don't see the surgeon again for 6 months. I don't think I could wait that long to see what the scale said. But you are right it calls my name out all the time. I try very hard just to go there in the morning. I want to get to the practice of only going there once a week. I can't stand to see nothing coming off for days. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views