hi all my surgery sisters and brothers.

sreddig
on 7/18/04 5:35 am - Salem, OR
I just had my open DS on 6/28 and for the most part I feel like i am among the living again.Just the THOUGHT of another scrambled egg with melted cheese makes me nauseous.... and have been doing a lot of yogurt, and cottage cheese. Already saw the dr for my 2 week check up and at that time had lost 20 pounds from my preop weight, (and the pesky 5 pounds I gained in the hospital) Weighed myself again yesterday and already lost another 10 pounds I had this HUGE craving for a jerky, and I know it is protein and I have to chew carefully, so my husband got it for me and I took almost an hour to eat it. OMG! MISTAKE! felt like someone socked me in the stomach and walking, sitting, nothing would releive the pain, had to break down and take a pain pill. But, all in all, finally i can do things for myself and feel like i am almost back Sheri
dcox94
on 7/18/04 2:00 pm - North Wilmington, DE
Sounds like you are doing really well. Are you doing alot of excerise? I am afraid to go to real food. I don't want the pain nor the yacking experience. Keep up the good work.
sreddig
on 7/19/04 12:58 am - Salem, OR
Hi Debbie/ I actually was told by my dr that the only thing he wants me to do at this time was walk. So that is what I am doing. Dont want to hurt myself. Speaking of hurting yourself, I bought a recliner as this is what was suggested to sleep in for the first couple weeks. Last night tried to sleep with husband. Waited until the pain pill kicked in and it was hard, but stayed all night in the bed. Got up this morning and the little spot that was not healing right opened a bit. Not doing THAT again for a while
MzH
on 7/19/04 10:55 am - LOSERLAND, MD
Hey Sheri, Glad you are doing so well. YOU GO GIRL! I had the jerky craving too but I just chewed it and then spit it out since I wasn't allowed to have real food until last week. Same result as you though. I was up all night and now I am afraid of jerky. What's funny is that now that I am on real food, I have gotten lazy and sometimes get tired of chewing the food way before I have my tablespoon of it. I never thought I would see the day. LOL Well good job on your loss and healing! H
sreddig
on 7/19/04 1:36 pm - Salem, OR
Yeah, Jerky is definitely NOT my friend at this time. I will try again in about another month or so, I think. I am amazed at how fast the healing is going now. Would love to go back to work part time, but dr knows best. Probably would tire out way to quick yet. But each day it gets better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views