4wks post and at a plateau???

dawn davis
on 7/16/04 2:24 pm - cumming, ga
I'm 2 days shy of one month out and for the past 5 days I have stayed at the same weight. Though I have lost 30 pounds I didn't know if anyone else ha**** a plateau and how long does it last. Thanks, Dawn---- oh, and I also go and tread water every night for 1+ hours at the pool.
CVanscyoc
on 7/16/04 2:52 pm - Sarahsville, OH
Dear Dawn, Guess what? I am doing the same thing..... I am 4weeks today and have seemingly stopped losing.( haven't changed in weight since Sunday) ( I have lost 32 pounds ) But One thing I did do is measure myself and I have lost in inches. Hang in there and if you find the answer...let me know... because it kind of freaks me out a little bit. Cindy
Kathy S.
on 7/17/04 1:05 am - Rio Grande, NJ
Maybe you are weighing yourself too much. My doctor told me to weigh myself once a month when I visit my famiy doctor. I am 5 weeks post op. At the present moment I lost 41 lbs. I get the same feeling that you do about gaining it back. I count up the calories I eat and I don't eat more than 400. I still just eat 2 oz for three meals. I am eating puree or mushed items. Maybe you are eating too much. Talk to your doctor Good luck. Kathy
SSH
on 7/17/04 1:07 am - Fulton, NY
I'm glad I'm not alone as well. I had my surgery on June 23rd and by the time I came home from the hospital I had gone from 260 to 275 from all the fluid retention. I immediately started dropping weight and hit 236 last week but for the last six days I have gone nowhere. I'll weigh myself first thing in the morning and I'll be 234 or 235 but by the end of the day I'm right back at 236. I know that I'm following my diet so I can't possibly not lose this weight - but just the same I'm finding myself getting upset about it. Patience is called for I suppose. It's good to know that this is apparently normal and that I'm not the only one experiencing it. I guess I'd better stay off the scales - huh?
j610g
on 7/17/04 1:02 pm - Dunkerton, IA
Dawn and all, I had my surgery on June 2nd and I hit a plateau at 4 weeks as well. First, as long as you are following your doctors orders you will be fine. Remember, you just had a MAJOR surgery and your body is healing. Second, your body has to rest and readjust every so often--thus the plateau. You matabolism has to reset to the rapid weight lose. Just look at how much you have already lost, and don't be disappointed when the scale doesn't move every day. Try to only weigh once a week if you can't just weigh once a month. Do take measurements and you will see the inches fall off. If you are exercising you are adding muscle to replace fat, muscle weighs more than fat, this will make a difference in the scale and how fast it moves. Remember, you are making life changes and building new habits, don't be hard on yourself. Good luck and God Bless TTFN Jackie
LIBRA2
on 7/18/04 4:42 am - Centerville, IN
I also stopped losing about 4 weeks out and then would gain and drop the same 3-4 lbs over and over. I also spent almost a week when I couldn't keep anything down long (Prilosec saved the day--excess stomach acid, I think). I dropped a new 4 lbs when I weighed this morning. I agree with the others that your body just has to rest once in a while. I also became very tired about week two thru 5 but have felt so energetic the past couple days. Exercise helps my energy level and I alternate with walking and an elliptical machine. Don't get discouraged! It will go. Diana
Barb S.
on 7/21/04 12:40 pm - San Antonio, TX
My Lap RNY was on June 8 and I just had my 6 week follow-up appointment. I was very unhappy with my 34 pound and 29 inches loss, but my surgeon said that we should average between 5 and 10 pounds weekly. He was "thrilled" with my loss so I guess I have to be too! He said I'm averaging 5.9 pounds per week which is where he wants me to be. Isn't it weird how our thoughts change? Prior to June 8, If I had seen the 34 pounds and 29 inches - I would have been estatic. But post June 8- it just doesn't come off fast enough. LOL For the first time in over 10 years, I'm below 300; have gone down 4 sizes in shirts, and 3 in skirts/pants and can't wait for tomorrow to come. Hang in there and remember that this is truly a journey and we all need to figure out WHAT WORKS FOR EACH ONE OF US! Barb 6/8/2004 311/277/29 inches
Brigitte A.
on 7/21/04 9:21 pm - Newport News, VA
Hi! I am Brigitte. Just like you I lost exactly 30 pounds and I haven't lost any more weight in 2 weeks. I decided it is time to hit the gym. I did 15 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes circuit training and by golly I lost a pound 2 days later. I have been able to eat anything I want except Coffee. So I know I have to watch what I am eating. I decided to stick to water and sugar free tang for my drinks and keep the fatty foods down. Even though I do eat less than half of what I use to my body seems to be holding on to every morsel. I know with excercise I will lose weight quicker.
Allyson H.
on 7/26/04 3:29 pm - San Jose, ca
hi Dawn I have the same date as you and have stayed the same for about a week now I have lost 25 lb I have pain at the top of my scare I hope it is not a problem I am hopeing it is just were my belly bend when I set amd it seems a little slowen the rest of it is fine and healing well. how is yours? allyson
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 446 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 937 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 809 views